Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

gtir swapped sentra help!!!!

Old 12-03-2009, 07:25 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slosingle94 has disabled reputation
Default gtir swapped sentra help!!!!

Hi all I have a 92 Nissan sentra with a gtir swap,I seem to be having some major troubles with it.After changing the transmission for the third time I have ran into a roadblock now with the new tranny in the car it will not hold idle,when starting you have to hold the gas to keep it running.If there is anyone who can give me a helpful hand I would greatly appreciate it.If there is anyone who thinks they can get the car back up and going I am very willing to pay top dollar i am tired of looking at it in the driveway I have changed the map sensor ordeed new fuel rail.I'm just at a loss now.So shoot me your prices to come get this thing running or your ideas of what you may think I have loosened or missed thanks you guys my name is sammy pm me or give me a call @ 540 974 9565 thanks in advance
Old 12-03-2009, 09:01 PM
Registered Member

hottscennessey has a spectacular aura abouthottscennessey has a spectacular aura abouthottscennessey has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: gtir swapped sentra help!!!!

Sounds like your IACV. Does it run alright with the throttle pressed or does it still struggle or surge?
Old 12-04-2009, 05:58 PM
Registered Member

you have to tap the throttle to keep the car running
Old 12-04-2009, 10:10 PM
Banned

M▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by slosingle94
Hi all I have a 92 Nissan sentra with a gtir swap,I seem to be having some major troubles with it.After changing the transmission for the third time I have ran into a roadblock now with the new tranny in the car it will not hold idle,when starting you have to hold the gas to keep it running.If there is anyone who can give me a helpful hand I would greatly appreciate it.If there is anyone who thinks they can get the car back up and going I am very willing to pay top dollar i am tired of looking at it in the driveway I have changed the map sensor ordeed new fuel rail.I'm just at a loss now.So shoot me your prices to come get this thing running or your ideas of what you may think I have loosened or missed thanks you guys my name is sammy pm me or give me a call @ 540 974 9565 thanks in advance

contact this guy: crznx2000 aka: Richard. He can get you running straight pretty quickly....
Old 12-05-2009, 06:12 AM
Registered Member

hottscennessey has a spectacular aura abouthottscennessey has a spectacular aura abouthottscennessey has a spectacular aura about

yep, I'd say IACV needs to be replaced.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:12 PM
Registered Member

thanks guys imma give that a go!!!
Old 12-05-2009, 08:14 PM
Registered Member

bbsIx bbsIx bbsIx bbsIx

hell yea, contact richard. that motherfucker knows everything about these cars.
Old 12-06-2009, 06:49 AM
Registered Member

crznx2000 has disabled reputation

im going to guess its a dirty iac valve like scott said, or, more likely a loose vacume line. i only say more likely because you swapped trannys. is the evap canister for the fuel still hooked up? might have bumped one of the vacume lines from the manifold. if you have a vacume gauge, what does that look like around 1000 rpms? my guess, i hate to say it IS probably going to be a vacume/boost leak. these motors are very sensitive to that. but, if you have any questions, feel free to email me......i might have a few of these things laying around, lol.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:31 PM
Banned

M▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by crznx2000
im going to guess its a dirty iac valve like scott said, or, more likely a loose vacume line. i only say more likely because you swapped trannys. is the evap canister for the fuel still hooked up? might have bumped one of the vacume lines from the manifold. if you have a vacume gauge, what does that look like around 1000 rpms? my guess, i hate to say it IS probably going to be a vacume/boost leak. these motors are very sensitive to that. but, if you have any questions, feel free to email me......i might have a few of these things laying around, lol.
might, n!gga you probably have like enough parts for 3 cars laying around. lol