Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

GOVERNOR KAINE DECLARES EMERGENCY

Old 08-31-2006, 12:03 PM
misunderestimated

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yamamaha has disabled reputation
Default GOVERNOR KAINE DECLARES EMERGENCY

~ Threat of flooding, wind damage from Tropical Storm Ernesto ~

RICHMOND – Governor Timothy M. Kaine declared a state of emergency for the Commonwealth of Virginia today, allowing the deployment of Virginia National Guard personnel and other assets in preparation for Tropical Depression Ernesto. The declaration instructs state agencies to take all reasonable actions necessary to protect the health and safety of Virginians.

“As Virginians have seen in the past, tropical depressions can be deadly. Tropical Depressions Gaston and Jeanne caused significant damage and destruction in Virginia just two years ago,” said Governor Kaine. “I urge Virginians to take common-sense precautions: make sure you have food, water, and medications to last at least three days. Be sure to monitor local broadcast stations for weather updates and other critical information, and be alert for flash flooding and tornadoes.”

The National Weather Service forecasts that Ernesto will follow a north-northwest track and affect much of Virginia during the next 48 hours. C urrent forecasts indicate that Tropical Storm Ernesto could cause damaging high winds, flash flooding, and possible tornadoes throughout the state.

The Governor’s emergency declaration authorizes state agencies to speed assistance to communities in need. It makes state resources immediately available to rescue, evacuate, shelter, and provide essential commodities in affected localities if needed.

The Virginia Emergency Operations Center (VEOC) remains at Increased Readiness Status in anticipation of the arrival of the storm, and a Federal Emergency Management Agency Liaison Officer arrived on-site at the VEOC on Wednesday.

Important severe weather preparedness information is available at www.vaemergency.com .

Ok now guys, dont be trying to drive through those 10ft deep puddles...
Old 08-31-2006, 12:11 PM
thermal efficiency

J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS
Default Re: GOVERNOR KAINE DECLARES EMERGENCY

6-7 inches of rain...
Old 08-31-2006, 12:23 PM

ONECAM has disabled reputation

WoW. I didn't know it was going to be that bad. I can't wait.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:26 PM
Registered Member

LowTech1 has a spectacular aura aboutLowTech1 has a spectacular aura about

It probably wont be.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:29 PM
Registered Member

gixxerboy is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope we have alot of tree damage it would be good for my business.. But no Life loss.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:19 PM
Function > Form

RobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to all

boo hope the cover doesnt come off the B again x.x
Old 08-31-2006, 08:17 PM
MoltenMetalFuzion

GoldenLeg13 has disabled reputation

I think it's raining outside...can anyone confirm this? Haha... but seriously, how do you guys think the bottom is goin to fair? I really feel bad for the buisness owners. They all should have flood insurance though. But im sure the insurance is through the roof for them.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:37 PM
Function > Form

RobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to all

Originally Posted by GoldenLeg13
I think it's raining outside...can anyone confirm this? Haha... but seriously, how do you guys think the bottom is goin to fair? I really feel bad for the buisness owners. They all should have flood insurance though. But im sure the insurance is through the roof for them.
Richmond workers apparently have been "fixing" the water drainage system there.. they probally broke it even more though.. I wouldnt doubt that they get flooded again
Old 09-01-2006, 05:12 AM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic

Sittin here at VCU...it's raining sideways outside and did absolutely no good to have an umbrella or wear a jacket, as I'm still SOAKED. Seems as though a verizon tower may be on the blink somewhere (don't know if it's storm related or not). I usually have service all over campus, but haven't been able to get a signal in either building I've been in for the past hour and a half.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:19 AM
MoltenMetalFuzion

GoldenLeg13 has disabled reputation

I could be wrong but it looks as if the worst part is going over Va. Beach and then headed out to sea.
http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atl..._animated.html

But it still doesn't mean that flooding isn't possible.

Be careful driving out there guys. If you don't have to then don't. Shit looks nasty out there.

Quick Reply: GOVERNOR KAINE DECLARES EMERGENCY