Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Got pulled. Drivers License question ...

Old 03-05-2008, 10:09 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ludachrisvt is infamous around these partsludachrisvt is infamous around these partsludachrisvt is infamous around these partsludachrisvt is infamous around these partsludachrisvt is infamous around these partsludachrisvt is infamous around these partsludachrisvt is infamous around these partsludachrisvt is infamous around these partsludachrisvt is infamous around these partsludachrisvt is infamous around these partsludachrisvt is infamous around these parts
Default Got pulled. Drivers License question ...

I recently moved back to Richmond from Ohio. While living there I switched my drivers license over because I lost my VA card.

Anyway, because of the new reckless driving laws I have not been in a hurry to switch back. I got pulled over last night in cfield for a tail light being out. The guy asks how long I've lived here then procedes to scold me for not switching.

I tell him that I am still a legal resident of Ohio (I own properties there as well as owning a business). I still go back and forth alot.

After that he says well the rule is you have to switch after a couple of months. I'll let you go this time but if I see you again I'm towing your car.

I kind of chuckled because it seemed like a silly power trip. I then said can you please explain what that means? I really don't understand.

He just followed with "thats the rules. I know it seems wierd. Next time though, if a va driver isnt with you to drive you home, I'm towing it."

WTFBBQ? Can someone explain? Does he have a valid point?
Old 03-05-2008, 10:09 AM
Registered Member

ludachrisvt is infamous around these partsludachrisvt is infamous around these partsludachrisvt is infamous around these partsludachrisvt is infamous around these partsludachrisvt is infamous around these partsludachrisvt is infamous around these partsludachrisvt is infamous around these partsludachrisvt is infamous around these partsludachrisvt is infamous around these partsludachrisvt is infamous around these partsludachrisvt is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Got pulled. Drivers License question ...

this happened in cfield, and no it wasn't nash. I would have 1000 tickets if it were.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:43 AM
Forcibly Repped

Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu

if you spend most of your time (51%) in Ohio and the vehicle you're driving goes back forth with you then you do not need a VA drivers license nor do you need to register the car here

next time just tell the guy you are an Ohio resident and travel back forth frequently

just make sure the car is tagged and registered as an Ohio car
Old 03-05-2008, 10:44 AM
Registered Member

I guess they have no way of knowing the difference. I have 3 cars. Each registered in a different state.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:46 AM
Forcibly Repped

Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu

Originally Posted by ludachrisvt
I guess they have no way of knowing the difference. I have 3 cars. Each registered in a different state.
dayuum
well pick a state then

i'd say OH since you have property and a business there already
it be the easiest to prove
Old 03-05-2008, 11:09 AM
In TATTRAT we trust

BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE

What car do you drive?

Last edited by BOREDOMRULE; 03-05-2008 at 11:29 AM.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:17 AM
wheels up bitches

Z-Rated Z-Rated

do you drive the Ace of Spades, or the Queen of hearts?
Old 03-05-2008, 11:29 AM
In TATTRAT we trust

BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE

Originally Posted by Z-Rated
Huh?
Old 03-05-2008, 11:47 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Z-Rated
say wah?
Old 03-10-2008, 10:01 AM
Registered Member

crx2sol is an unknown quantity at this point

Nash is a total Nazi....got me for no tag on the front. tag was in front window, said he didn't see it. couldn't see it etc.

Can't stand the cops...sorry if there are any on here...but just my personal opinion.

If there arew any on here....we probably don't need 10 of you cruising around matoaca...not that much happens around here for such a huge police presence. I know you guys like chillin over in the park tho. Whenever I pass...always a couple of em hangin out.

Quick Reply: Got pulled. Drivers License question ...