Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Good traffic attorney for Goochland VA?

Old 08-09-2010, 02:27 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suprajjang is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Good traffic attorney for Goochland VA?

Does anybody have a good contact number for a traffic attorney that can represent me in Goochland Va?

I got ticket for speeding...nothing major(under 15mph over the limit). I have a clean record and would like to keep it that way.

Thanks for your help!
Old 08-09-2010, 04:07 PM
OMG AHH

jdm_ef9 has much to be proud ofjdm_ef9 has much to be proud ofjdm_ef9 has much to be proud ofjdm_ef9 has much to be proud ofjdm_ef9 has much to be proud ofjdm_ef9 has much to be proud ofjdm_ef9 has much to be proud ofjdm_ef9 has much to be proud ofjdm_ef9 has much to be proud ofjdm_ef9 has much to be proud ofjdm_ef9 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Good traffic attorney for Goochland VA?

Were you polite and cooperative with the officer? If so, that will look good on you. Most judges will take a look at your driving record and if it's as clean as you say, they'll give you the benefit of a doubt and let you go on driving school. If you need him, talk to Fred Schick. I don't have a number for him but he's located off Ironbridge Rd. look him up
Old 08-09-2010, 04:16 PM
Registered Member

Yes. i was polite but thank you for the information. I will look into it tomorrow!

Last edited by Suprajjang; 08-09-2010 at 05:33 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 04:27 PM
Registered Member

Benz0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenz0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenz0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenz0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenz0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenz0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenz0 has a reputation beyond reputeBenz0 has a reputation beyond repute

I live in Goochland...

You have the right to see the radar
Do yourself a favor and go get your speedo calibrated and get the printout (if all else fails the judge may give you improper equipment)
Call around for defensive driving classes and check to see if you are able to go there since you've already been - IIRC I think it's like once every 3 years

Depends on the judges attitude that morning or afternoon is what determines your outcome...DRESS to IMPRESS do NOT wear cutoff shit, a "lid" or some other HAT and be RESPECTFUL of the COURT ROOM - that is THEIR DOMAIN and you are a spec of dust in their existence. Give the judge a sad eye or two and if you were just speeding a little let them know you fucked up and would LOVE a second chance since insurance rates suck and this economy blows for kids like me...err you

Whereabouts did you get pulled? I probably know the LEO...

seriously good luck...ANY court proceedings suck
Old 08-10-2010, 04:25 AM
Registered Member

IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN

Just FYI, no agency is required to show you the radar reading on the side of the road. You can always ask, but the officer has the right to refuse to show you (can be a safety issue). I'm not sure how much good it would do you anyway since the radar is only supposed to be there to corroborate the officer's observation, meaning the officer can simply testify that he saw you speeding.

I understand your desire to keep your record clean, however you need to step back and look at what everything will cost you. You are asking about a simple speeding ticket, which is an infraction and not a criminal offense. That means you are only facing a fine + court costs (no jail). You may be looking at insurance increases, but since this is your only moving violation that is not likely. It will be 4 points on your license and will fall off in 5 years. You might be able to take driving school and get the judge to knock it down to a non-moving violation or even dismiss it, however that is a crap shoot and depends on the judge's mood that day. The advice above about dressing well and speaking politely and being respectful can help.

This is a minor violation so unless it is going to cost you a job or you really can't afford it then you may be better off just paying the fine and moving on. A lawyer will cost more than the fine and court costs, and driving school and the time involved to try and get it reduced may also end up costing you more than the fine and courts.

Good luck.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:25 PM

va240 va240 va240 va240 va240 va240 va240 va240 va240 va240 va240

Originally Posted by Benz0
Whereabouts did you get pulled?
X2.

Was it a Goochland sheriff or a state trooper?
Old 08-10-2010, 06:17 PM
SOHC>DOHC

Killer Wasp Killer Wasp Killer Wasp Killer Wasp Killer Wasp Killer Wasp Killer Wasp Killer Wasp Killer Wasp Killer Wasp Killer Wasp

Either way man your not getting this ticket dropped. If anything the judge might look at you and say wtf with a lawyer. If its a speeding ticket you will more and likely get driving school.

btw goochland sucks
Old 08-12-2010, 03:44 PM
Registered Member

i got pulled by a state trooper. I talked to three lawyers and I actually couldnt believe what they told me. All three told me i would be wasting my money using them because the judge in goochland wont drop anything so they said it will be the same to just pay the ticket off which i will now do. It will be the first speeding ticket on my record so hopefully i will be ok...