Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Good shop for alignment?

Old 05-29-2009, 01:56 PM
B Nice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW
Default Good shop for alignment?

I'm sure there have been plenty of threads asking for an alignment shop, but they are all blackholed...

I'd just like to know of a good shop in Richmond (preferably the West End/Downtown area) that I could get an alignment done. I'm not dropped yet, but I will be running a little negative camber and want whoever is doing it to be knowledgeable with custom setups. I'm not really worried about price, I just want it done right.

And don't recommend RPM
Old 05-29-2009, 02:31 PM
Yea. Its Qwik.

Qwik6 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Good shop for alignment?

Wheel service on Washington St. in Petersburg is the best one around my area. They are the only ones I have taken my car to that actually take the time and do it right. If you were willing to take a 30 mintute drive or so.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:40 PM
Registered Member

95neon95 95neon95 95neon95 95neon95 95neon95 95neon95 95neon95 95neon95 95neon95 95neon95 95neon95

Firestone in sandston near the RIC airport has always done good for me. DO NOT take it to hanover tire which is right down the street from Firestone. i did a full poly bushing kit on one of my other cars and they told me my bushings were not the right ones for it so they couldn't do the alignment. then charged me $80 to put my new tires on
Old 05-29-2009, 03:49 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

I usually recommend Ron Ellis Frame. He is behind our dealership.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:59 PM
Fuckinitupagain

Strychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to behold

I hate having people I know come to me for alignments or anything at my shop. Seems like when I try to help people out by getting them a deal it always turns into a big headache.

Originally Posted by 95neon95
Firestone in sandston near the RIC airport has always done good for me. DO NOT take it to hanover tire which is right down the street from Firestone. i did a full poly bushing kit on one of my other cars and they told me my bushings were not the right ones for it so they couldn't do the alignment. then charged me $80 to put my new tires on

I know a manager that works at that Firestone. I was going to go work for them as an alignment tech.

I also know a manager at Hanover Tire. I'm surprised they did that to you because they've been around for years and always heard good things about them. Maybe the alignment tech didn't feel like fucking with it? lol
Old 05-30-2009, 03:14 AM
Why so serious?

Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey

Red at Mincz Tire is absolutely phenomenal.
Old 05-30-2009, 04:52 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Originally Posted by 95neon95
DO NOT take it to hanover tire which is right down the street from Firestone. i did a full poly bushing kit on one of my other cars and they told me my bushings were not the right ones for it so they couldn't do the alignment. then charged me $80 to put my new tires on
Yeah, maybe they didn't want to deal with the alignment.

As for the tires, that is a going price for a tire install depending on the size/type wheel and tires. Did you ask for the install price before the work was to be done? If so why did you still have it done and now complaining? If they didn't quote you first, why didn't you ask before the work was done?
Old 05-30-2009, 06:29 AM
Banned

M▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these parts

buffalo tire in th east end laburnum and charles city road.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:54 AM
TonzAGunz

Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88

+1 for Red at Northside Mincz on Altamont Ave.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:36 PM
Registered Member

bigeshorte45 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by STi_FTMFW
I'm sure there have been plenty of threads asking for an alignment shop, but they are all blackholed...

I'd just like to know of a good shop in Richmond (preferably the West End/Downtown area) that I could get an alignment done. I'm not dropped yet, but I will be running a little negative camber and want whoever is doing it to be knowledgeable with custom setups. I'm not really worried about price, I just want it done right.

And don't recommend RPM
Why wouldn't I recomend RPM? I just dropped my car on Function Form coilovers last week and took it to rpm to get an alignment and they did a great job. Plus all of their machines are brand spankin new...

Quick Reply: Good shop for alignment?