Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Good camping spots in VA?

Old 06-01-2009, 09:09 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BretSV has disabled reputation
Default Good camping spots in VA?

Going to go camping with a couple of friends in a few weeks. I'm not having any luck finding a good place, mainly because there is just TOO much information out there of places to camp, and virtually non of them have enough info for me to be sure if it is what we are looking for, except for the resort types which it seems we might as well just rent a hotel room if that is what we are going to do.

Looking for just regular old woods, near some water preferably, that doesn't require a two hour hike to get to. Anyone been to a good place?
Old 06-01-2009, 09:39 AM
Team-Durty

B20 Eat Sh!t has a spectacular aura aboutB20 Eat Sh!t has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Good camping spots in VA?

Originally Posted by BretSV
Going to go camping with a couple of friends in a few weeks. I'm not having any luck finding a good place, mainly because there is just TOO much information out there of places to camp, and virtually non of them have enough info for me to be sure if it is what we are looking for, except for the resort types which it seems we might as well just rent a hotel room if that is what we are going to do.

Looking for just regular old woods, near some water preferably, that doesn't require a two hour hike to get to. Anyone been to a good place?

went to a pretty decent place last year in va beach proly about a mile from the beach and the strip close to Rockefeller's and dirty dicks i cant remember the exact name of it but there are also mobile homes and campers but they also have sites strictly for tents and stuff like that at a decent price when my boyfriend gets home with the gps i can look at the address if you want it
Old 06-01-2009, 09:59 AM
RiverCitySyn

brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini brandini

James River State Park - you camp 30ft away from your car, real bathrooms, on the bank of the James river, go in August and the place is nearly empty. In the morning the bullfrogs sound like a duck getting F'd in the A... you'll laugh your ass off.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:09 AM
Registered Member

IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN IMSHAKN

Check out the state parks...Bear Creek Lake and Kiptopeke are a couple that I like to go to.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:29 AM
now w/ less teggy

teggygrl08 teggygrl08 teggygrl08 teggygrl08 teggygrl08 teggygrl08 teggygrl08 teggygrl08 teggygrl08 teggygrl08 teggygrl08

shenandoah is nice.. and there's rafting down the river, hiking trails, and fishing spots. was a pretty good time.
Old 06-01-2009, 02:51 PM
Registered Member

reneponac will become famous soon enough

crabtree falls campground
Old 06-01-2009, 03:50 PM
Body In Trunk.

RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute

todd lake recreation area http://www.mountaintravelguide.com/C...Campground.htm

its in the middle of fucking nowhere, good campsites, its got water, bathrooms, and showers in case your a sissy girl. forget electricity or phone (including cell phones those wont work there) theres a lake real nearby and lots of fishing spots in the general area.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:08 PM
TonzAGunz

Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88

Ive camped out at Lake Moomaw in the George Washington National Forest. Its right near Covington and Buena Vista. Its been over 10 years since I was there but I remember the fishing was awesome.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:34 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

I prefer state parks, Douthat is by far my favorite. Great hiking trails, large pond. Bear Creek Lake also has a very good lake. Heard nice things about Smith Mountain Lake. First Landing is in Va Beach in a prime location, should be crowded in the summer.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:52 PM
dru
GUIBO!?

dru dru dru dru dru dru dru dru dru dru dru

I've been to Douthat and Hungry Mother. Both good places.

Just go to a state park you wont be disappointed.

Quick Reply: Good camping spots in VA?