Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

German Repair Shops in the Area

Old 11-02-2008, 06:26 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GripSpec has disabled reputation
Default German Repair Shops in the Area

Bought a 2000 Audi A6 2.7T. Need to do the good ol timing belt/ tensioner/ water pump serivce. The West Broad Audi wants $2300, which is even high for a dealer. Do you guys have any suggestions as far as independent shops go? I know the Import Auto Haus has a few locations around richmond. Any comments on them? I called and asked them about price and was quoted $1400 which is about what I was looking to spend, I just want to ensure that I take it to a place that does quality work. Also, is it usual for these types of shops to use oem parts or not so much? I'm not looking for a deal or a bargin because that doesnt come with the territory, Im just looking to leave with my anal virginity intact. I really just want to make sure its a reputable place that does good work.

Last edited by GripSpec; 11-02-2008 at 06:31 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:52 PM
NEO VVL N1 BITCHES

JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot
Default Re: German Repair Shops in the Area

i have had good and bad dealings with import auto haus. the employees were very rude every time i went there and they acted like i was bothering them giving them work. they seem to be knowledgeable though.
i dont know how they are with audis i took them my old porsche. a car is a car though.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:37 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

I too have heard not so good things about them. We even redid some of their work.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:14 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by JJCrushALot
i have had good and bad dealings with import auto haus. the employees were very rude every time i went there and they acted like i was bothering them giving them work. they seem to be knowledgeable though.
i dont know how they are with audis i took them my old porsche. a car is a car though.
Which location did you deal with?

Is the porsche dealer across the street from pence still associated with the Import Auto Haus, or is it now their own repair shop?
Old 11-03-2008, 06:56 AM
NEO VVL N1 BITCHES

JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot

Originally Posted by GripSpec
Which location did you deal with?

Is the porsche dealer across the street from pence still associated with the Import Auto Haus, or is it now their own repair shop?
I have used the one across from pence and the one at spring run rd and hull st. They both were the same as far as attitude. I always purchased my parts from the one on midlo though because they store Porsche parts and deal with more porsches in general. Even if the price is high I would go to the Audi dealer. You still work at pence right? No body there will help you do it after work or something. It's not that hard.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:59 AM
<========8 ROBBCOCKS

Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx

RIP... WhiteBoyRacing.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:56 AM
Registered member

I have used the one across from pence and the one at spring run rd and hull st. They both were the same as far as attitude. I always purchased my parts from the one on midlo though because they store Porsche parts and deal with more porsches in general. Even if the price is high I would go to the Audi dealer. You still work at pence right? No body there will help you do it after work or something. It's not that hard.
If the dealer was a little closer, like maybe 1800, I would see that as reasonable. But 2300 is just rediculous for that job. I've talked to a few people on the audi forums, and many have gotten the job done at a dealer for 1700-1900 which i don't really understand.

I took the car into the shop at Pence the other day to just get an inspection sticker and there was a massive movement of people running for the door and hiding behind things in fear of me asking them to work on it.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:29 AM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok

If they're charging $2,300, it's pretty hard. Assume $300 for parts, $2,000 labor, even at $130/hr (which I will assume is much higher than their rate,) would be 15 hours.

Somewhere in there, it gets difficult. Our V6 timing belt/waterpump jobs are 5.3 hours.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:41 AM
Desolation

Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch

Delta V perhaps?

http://www.deltavmotorsports.com/home.html
Old 11-03-2008, 11:45 AM
(. )( .) & 8====>

Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin'

labor rate sounds pretty good. and the new shop is nice.

Quick Reply: German Repair Shops in the Area