Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

fuckity fuck the probe

Old 09-08-2005, 10:02 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOCO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default fuckity fuck the probe

grrrrrrrrr

ok heres the story start to finish.
when the probe ran, we went and filled the bottles up so I could run an sr20ed 240. well bottle pressure wont as good as I wanted (AED is getting cheap) I ran the 240 and my car was pulling hard as shit, welll then it started backing down I knew I have melted a plug...
well I get up beside luis (red turboed probe) and we run, he puts 2 cars on me from the jump, and im not about to lose a race, so knowing my car was already fuckin up I hit the bottle. pulled back past him and then my car let lose.
well it kept running and I drove it to luis's.
we check it out there and realize the whole front bank isnt fireing. pull the plug and its completely melted like I thought.

so I drive it back to my house on the 3 rear cynlinders and start working.

I finally get the front head off the car and find that a few valves are locked up and one valve is broke on half (dont know where the half went lol)
bottom end was still perfect. so I grab another head and headgasket and put the car back together with the more agressive cams.
(I never pulled the rear head because it was fine, hell thats what got me home lol)
so I get it all back together and the car wouldnt start. I had fuel and spark, I re-checked the timing and it was a few teeth off, so I tor it all back down and re-did the timing and tried to start it.
car fired right up, ran like shit for about 5 sec and cut off and would not start again.

so timeing was right and I have fuel and spark so I knew the compression in the front bank had to be bad. I check it and I have 140-135-135 pretty damn good compression for this motor.
so im confused by now. and for shits and giggles I check the rear bank. well I pull the first plug out and its coverd in oil and water, I was pissed.
I check all 3 cyn. in the rear and the compression was 0-0-0

so now I have to tear the car all the way back apart and more time off the road. god damnit.

funny thing is when I blew the front bank up the rear was still perfect, hell I drove it to luis's and to my house on the rear bank, so how did I lose the headgasket just sitting there? grrrrrrr
Old 09-08-2005, 10:24 AM
Luis

SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14
Default Re: fuckity fuck the probe

well i already told you whats the main problem i bet you it will fire up once you fix that.

hey that story was when i was n/a-not boosted just to let everyone know

Last edited by SLOW S14; 09-08-2005 at 04:52 PM.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:35 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Buy my car.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:52 AM
Registered Member

Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick

I do not think its a headgasket. I think you pistons are melted.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:03 AM
Banned

lol im not luis. bottom end is fine. the rear bank never leans out.

luis you were right, I feel like a fukin moron now lets just keep that to ourselves haha

now my thumb wont stop bleeding

Last edited by LOCO; 09-08-2005 at 11:05 AM.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:28 PM
Registered Member

ClassicJDMCars has disabled reputation

yea, 0 psi doesn't sound like headgasket, especially on all 3 cyl.... but hopefully it is?
Old 09-08-2005, 01:36 PM
NEO VVL N1 BITCHES

JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot

o psi cant be a headgasket i would say that is impossible. maybe my compression checker i gave you messed up or something.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:43 PM
Luis

SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14

don't worry i new what it was as soon as daniel told me what was going on (should take about 30-1hour to fix by himself)...lol....i don't know how many times i had to tell him.....well did you fix it so you can fire her up yet?

Last edited by SLOW S14; 09-08-2005 at 04:54 PM.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:26 PM
Banned

lol the reason I was thinking headgasket is because when I pulled the plugs it had oil and water on then, useally a very good sign of a head gasket.

and trust me I could destroy a headgasket like that. have you guys seen some of the shit I have broken?? hahaha

yeah it was a dumb mistake, very easy to do though.

I have the car torn apart right now, but should have it together within an hour tomorrow and running