Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Fuck Ballos Precision Machine

Old 07-11-2003, 01:25 PM
Nic
Patron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic
Default Fuck Ballos Precision Machine

Dropped my stuff off to them Wednesday of last week, was told it would be ready in 3 days. Drop by Monday..."Oh, well the parts should be here today, it'll be done in a day or two." So I wait until this wednesday and am told "It'll be done by Friday, you'll have it in time to get everything together this weekend." So I wait until 4 pm today, no call from them, so I give them a call, "Everyone's already left for the day. They haven't touched the block yet."

Fuck them! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE TRIFLING MOTHER FUCKERS!

I'm picking my shit up Monday morning and taking it to Davis like I should have done in the first place.
Old 07-11-2003, 01:36 PM
ur hot now go away

1TZ JENN has disabled reputation

That Sucks Nic. I sawrie buddy.
Old 07-11-2003, 06:19 PM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

what parts are they waiting for? if the parts aren't in thats not really they're fault since they have no control over that, except they should be more realistic about when they will be coming in and not keep saying a few days to make you keep waiting if they aren't really going to be coming in then
Old 07-11-2003, 06:25 PM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

When a business tells you that your motor should be done at a certain time, IT SHOULD BE! If you dont know you'll have the parts or not then dont say you'll have them at a certain time. They screwed up estimating many times and thats not the way to run a business...Nic's right.

This guy used to be my "go to" guy with machine work for engine building and many other things, but i have just learned a GREAT DEAL just tonight in how he treats people that arent friends......its not looking good. Maybe i'll start trying others...???

-Kevin
Old 07-11-2003, 09:19 PM
Nic
Patron

The parts they were waiting for were the bushing for my rods. Those are done, all that's left is the machine work on the block, but they haven't even bothered doing it yet.
Old 07-15-2003, 02:47 PM
Nic
Patron

What a difference a day makes. I had someone pick the block up from Ballos and drop it off at Laurel Machine over on Woodman road. The block is done and in my garage right now and he's going to do the rods (Ballos didn't actually do those) tomorrow. I've been really impressed with Greg's level of knowledge and his customer service so far. He was a lot more thorough from the get-go and is definitely quite a bit quicker.

To soften the blow against Ballos, Stuart was very apologetic about not having things done on time and explained that he had 2 guys go on vacation and one had a baby so they were short handed. I just wish he'd been up front about that from the beginning.
Old 07-21-2003, 06:31 AM
Nothing but BOOST

4bolt is an unknown quantity at this point

I do know for a fact about the guy with the baby thing ...6lbs 8oz.
They seem to do pretty good work over there they used to do alot of work for Rosen ..... at least they clean parts very well
Old 11-20-2008, 05:27 PM
Registered Member

youngxlos youngxlos youngxlos
Default Re: Fuck Ballos Precision Machine

actually i also would not recommend them to any one.
they took over 7 months to get my block done,
after i got the motor back, after a week, the piston hit the valve and i had a valve stuck on my head.

took 3 weeks to get me back the motor, then a month later it started over heating.
i tried calling them but they never get back to me.
so i paid them 1700 for a shitty build.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:33 PM
Function > Form

RobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to allRobertE is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Nic
What a difference a day makes. I had someone pick the block up from Ballos and drop it off at Laurel Machine over on Woodman road. The block is done and in my garage right now and he's going to do the rods (Ballos didn't actually do those) tomorrow.
+1 Laurel Machine does great work.
Old 11-21-2008, 02:07 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

A 5 year old thread bump? Nice

Quick Reply: Fuck Ballos Precision Machine