Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Fishing in the 804

Old 02-22-2010, 07:16 AM
Y U NO REP ME ?!?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L
Default Re: Fishing in the 804

Originally Posted by Woodrow
Yeah, you say that now. I have been caught before without a license.
Normally I would but...... i never see game officals ever, and im only up here for leave and after its done ill only ever come back up here every few weeks and i may not even fish in that time.

Hey Tainty is that place in Amelia got spots on the bank to fish from? I dont have a boat so im assed out if there is alot of dead fall in the water and its swallow

Last edited by Young L; 02-22-2010 at 07:18 AM.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:41 AM
<========8 ROBBCOCKS

Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx

Originally Posted by Young L
Normally I would but...... i never see game officals ever, and im only up here for leave and after its done ill only ever come back up here every few weeks and i may not even fish in that time.

Hey Tainty is that place in Amelia got spots on the bank to fish from? I dont have a boat so im assed out if there is alot of dead fall in the water and its swallow
I am sure they do.. If not there should be a dock. Most boat ramps have them. It is called Amelia Lake. Might be able to pull some info on it.

Check this out too..

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/fishing/

Last edited by Tainty_McFshStx; 02-22-2010 at 07:44 AM.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:05 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Originally Posted by Tainty McFshStx
I almost got caught in Florida.

Im surprised no one has mentioned Lake Chesdin.

I have never had much luck in the Swift Creek Resv.
I have caught some Perch, LM Bass and Pickerel in Swift Creek Resovoir.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:36 AM
Y U NO REP ME ?!?

Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L

i know about the fish and game site, but im lookin for mainly 1st hand accounts for people to have. also they dont list all the small spots that like the neighborhood ponds and lakes that might be good. Im not tryin to make this a specific thread for me but for everyone to exchange info
Old 02-22-2010, 09:18 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

There is also a pond behind the Jiffy Lube on Stillman Parkway off W Broad St.(before gaskins if your going west) that has LM Bass in it. It is a very small pond that has no fishing pressure as you can't see it from the road.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:32 AM
<========8 ROBBCOCKS

Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx

i know about the fish and game site, but im lookin for mainly 1st hand accounts for people to have. also they dont list all the small spots that like the neighborhood ponds and lakes that might be good. Im not tryin to make this a specific thread for me but for everyone to exchange info
Walton Lake off of Lucks Lane.

There are a few spots here in Prince George, but I haven't hit them up yet. I will once the weather breaks.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:40 AM
C.R.E.A.M

DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM

Originally Posted by Tainty McFshStx
Amelia has a free shooting range that has horse trails, and a boat ramp.. All maintained by the Dept. of Inland Game and fisheries if I am not mistaken. Definately make sure you have your license there. I have never been there to fish, but have talked to many people who have. Seems to be a good spot. Take 360 West to Genito Road... the one in Amelia.. (chula junction) follow that until you get to a volunteer fire department on the left.. turn left there and it will be a gravel road a couple of miles down on your right.
Its also a very good place to go hunting as well, I've killed some pretty good size turkeys there. Like you said make sure you got some papers, they really don't mess with you at the shooting range.

Also since your brought up chula junction awesome lil gas station to get some food from as well.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:47 AM
Y U NO REP ME ?!?

Anyone ever hit up those lakes off 288 North on Westcreek Parkway i think its called. Hey Woodrow im looking on google maps and i dont see any pond on Stillman Parkway

Last edited by Young L; 02-22-2010 at 09:55 AM.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:48 AM
C.R.E.A.M

DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM

Also fort pickett is a great place as well.

http://www.fortpickett.net/natural_resources/index.html
Old 02-22-2010, 10:28 AM
Slow as Shit

Anyone ever hit up those lakes off 288 North on Westcreek Parkway i think its called. Hey Woodrow im looking on google maps and i dont see any pond on Stillman Parkway
I see it using the satellite. I would say it is about maybe 75 to 100 feet wide. Last time I fished it was in 2003.

Quick Reply: Fishing in the 804