Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

First Ticket, what to do?

Old 11-15-2006, 12:49 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie
Default Re: First Ticket, what to do?

Originally Posted by CountryBoy
Well, I know I got a ticket for going 82 in a 65 (288) by a state haha in my moms van hahaha( i know i know a mini van lol) Anyways......I was nice to the cop....and I didnt get a laywer just my dad......My dad took my license away and wouldnt let me drive anywhere for a few months until my court date and told the judge what he did and the judge through it out..........thankfully. But it doesnt always happen for everyone, ive seen judges throw out 20+ b4 when people like my age have done it.......now being 20 i doubt ur mom or dad would take ur license hah. But yea..........all in all.......the judges mood can either help you or screw you.

It is based on your age... At 16 I had a 39 over dropped by asking for mercy of the court. The judge asked my father what he thought and told her he thought she should keep my DL for a while. So she kept my DL in her drawer for six months, made me go to driver improvement class, and stay out of all trouble.

Edit: I was talking about adult court, not kiddie court when I said they are not going to drop a 20 over.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:18 PM
Simplicity, I Like!

Zero1Lude has disabled reputation

should I take the class before I go to court? or tell the judge I plan on taking it, and apologize and stuff...
Old 11-15-2006, 07:47 PM
Registered member

TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan

Take it before court, I know in Chesterfield there's one at the Holiday Inn near Hooters (Hugenout/Midlothian)
Old 11-15-2006, 09:34 PM
Registered Member

AutoXinVR6 has disabled reputation

Dress nice

Plead guilty

Tell the judge the same stuff you told the cop

Be pollite and don't make up any stupid crap. Remember these judges get lied to EVERY SINGLE DAY and they can pick apart lies and BS better then you can pick your nose. Just be 100% honest.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:49 AM
Registered Member

ccrrazy is an unknown quantity at this point

you'll be alright

they are gunna make you take the class either way so you might as well get it over with.. however, the class is either court ordered or by choice.. so what if you go by choice and then they make you go by order of court? that would suck just cuz you'd have to pay twice.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:53 AM
<========8 ROBBCOCKS

Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx

Go to court first, and then the judge will decide wheter you go to driving school or not. 9/10 you will get driving school, and the first ticket does not go on your driving record. Just go to court looking nice and not like a bum, use manners (your honor). Always in my case when i have been polite, some of my infractions have been reduced or thrown out.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:52 AM
Banned

LsVtecT96 is an unknown quantity at this point

about a year ago i got a ticket for a 68/45 on 610 garrisonville and i went to court and because i was only 17 at the time they dropped the charges but i had to go to driving school, 25 hours community service, and a fine...now thats the worst that will prob happen unless ur 18 years old or older then ur on your own their buddy...