Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

First Ticket, what to do?

Old 11-14-2006, 10:52 AM
Simplicity, I Like!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zero1Lude has disabled reputation
Default Re: First Ticket, what to do?

I just turned 22 yesterday, what a luck... I hope it all goes well, I was very polite to the officer said good morning sir and shook his hand after he gave me a ticket lol. I guess I was so nervous, I didnt know what to do...
Old 11-14-2006, 11:05 AM
Love to Crx

jfish360 is an unknown quantity at this point

shook his hand lol
Old 11-14-2006, 11:56 AM
WHAT NITROUS

5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts5177 is infamous around these parts

My first ticket they took my dl for 30 days and gave me 12 months probation.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:20 PM
Man in the BOX

Alice_in_Chains is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, can't resist:

I keep seeing Jim Carey in "Liar-Liar" when the dude calls him up and says he's in jail and what should he do..............

STOP BREAKING THE LAW ASSHOLE! (just quoting, not calling anyone names)

Just make sure you show up for court on the right day and on time. Dress like you give a shit about being there (don't go in like a gangsta or in shorts and wife-beater). When the Judge asks you what happened tell him you have never had a ticket before and that you were tired and lost track of the speed or some other story. They will more than likely drop the charges, you will have to pay court fees (bout the same as the ticket would cost you, go figure) and if they don't offer you driving school, request it.

You'll be fine if you dress decent and respect the judge.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:26 PM
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

They are not going to drop the charges for 20 over... They may reduce them however.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:33 PM
TSSSSSSSSSSS

MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos

be sure to ask the judge how his wife his
Old 11-14-2006, 12:44 PM
Registered member

TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan

My first ticket (19 w/ 97 accord)

87/65

Took DMV Driving Improvement course before court, no lawyer, no prior accidents, wore a suit and tie, the whole nine yards.

Judge (female in Dinwiddie) didn't even reduce it, full blown reckless ($250 or so total court fees) Yeah that sucked ass
Old 11-14-2006, 01:30 PM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan
My first ticket (19 w/ 97 accord)

87/65

Took DMV Driving Improvement course before court, no lawyer, no prior accidents, wore a suit and tie, the whole nine yards.

Judge (female in Dinwiddie) didn't even reduce it, full blown reckless ($250 or so total court fees) Yeah that sucked ass
I had the lady judge in Dinwiddie too...reckless driving for hydroplaning in the middle of a tropical storm on drag radials while doing under the speed limit. My lawyer requested that it be reduced to improper driving and she got shitty with him before finally reducing it after about a 5 minute argument. She was a bitch.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:15 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Not to mention after being ran off the road because someone veered out of their lane causing you to hydroplane.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:22 PM
Registered Member

ponycar is an unknown quantity at this point

Get a lawyer.... reasons are:

1) Pleading Guilty means just that... you are guilty! There is no reduction of the charge possible for pleading guilty.

2) No Contest is called the Alford Plea... means you are not admiting guilt and you concede the proponderance of th evidence is against you.

3) Not guilty means the Commonwealth has to provide the evidence against you. In this case, the testimony of the arresting officer. He more than likely made notes about the stop and possibly has video of it. He will provide calibration information, etc if available. Not guilty just means you are requiring the case against you be proven and is not looked at by the Court as you lying your ass off.

4) A reckless driving ticket is a 6 point offense... 10 demerits gets you a suspension if I recall correctly. And Reckless Driving is not prepayable, and requires you go to court. It is a misdemeanor, and can result in 250 dollar fine and/or 6 months in jail.

Tech here: http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...0+cod+46.2-868

and here: http://leg1.state.va.us/000/lst/LS823254.HTM

Bottom line.... Get a lawyer .... or take your chances.

Quick Reply: First Ticket, what to do?