Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

F*cked my car up :P

Old 03-27-2004, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Syzle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default F*cked my car up :P

Oh man, what a long week..

The whole week I was planning a trip to TN, to see a close friend of mine I haven't seen in a -very- long time. The car is a Honda Civic, a '98 Hatchback. I'm lowered about 2.5" or so, so I picked up a set of stock steelies to roll on so I wouldn't put camber wear on my good wheels. Don't know why, but about 3 and a half hours down 64/I81 I start to feel a wobble. I start to pull over and I hear "ping, ping!" and I see something shiney fly. Get off on the shoulder and BAM the wheel comes off and I slide 50 yards on my rear left LCA. Wheel studs sheared! F*ck! Sitting there, frustrated as hell, can't get any roadside assistance because I dont know where I am at. Walk down a half mile or so to get the mile marker/freeway exit number. Finally, Roadside assistance tells me they cant help me. Cop tells me if he comes back hes gonna take my car. Shit. A truck pulls up behind me, and the guy asks me if I need any help. Ends up giving me a ride to a tow truck, following me to the service station, and taking me by a truck stop where I could hang out and not have to sleep in the car. I get kicked out of the truck stop becuase the manager though I was homeless (I fell asleep in the TV room) so I sleep in the car. Talk to the mechanic in the morning, and he keeps calling my car a hyundai and saying he needs to get wheel studs for a hyundai, oh shit Im thinkin. But finally he fixes it, and I pay the last of my money to get it fixed.. drive down the road...get a mile.. BAM, the other side goes. SHIT, so I spend the night in the car again and get my pops to pay CC over the phone for the tow and fix, now I gotta pay him back next check... ended up putting my rims back on and taking the steelies off and limping home. They reamed me for fixing wheel studs. $80 to be towed a mile, each time, and the first time for 4 studs was $100 or so and the 2nd time was like $35 from a different shop. $100? I coulda done it myself if I had tools. I hate going to mechanics unless I need to. Problem? Probably aftermarket lugnuts on steel wheels (It had never crossed my mind before this). I guess I learned the hard way. Who knows, but Im glad to be back in Richmond finally... too bad I never even GOT to TN Oh well... next week Ill find out if anything is really bent in the rear suspension..

Last edited by Syzle; 03-27-2004 at 09:44 AM.
Old 03-27-2004, 10:21 AM
RIP Chris Schader

g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x
Default Re: F*cked my car up :P

that is some bad luck for u right there
Old 03-27-2004, 10:33 AM
yea, i'm that guy

fatboyee has disabled reputation

damn dude, sorry about that. $100 is about right for 4 studs...

if you figure that most shops have an initial fee of 1hrs labor (ours is 80bux) and parts atop that (im guessing $3-5 ea. for nuts and same for studs)... you didn't get reamed so badly.
Old 03-27-2004, 11:11 AM

Jopster is an unknown quantity at this point

the cops on 81 are complete DICKS friends and i have had a few personal experiences
Old 03-27-2004, 12:43 PM
DILLIGAF?

BadBeck is an unknown quantity at this point

hey james one of your boys was tellin me about that the other dya that SUCKS-sorry to hear it.
Old 03-27-2004, 05:51 PM
want some get some

MIKE_MYERS is an unknown quantity at this point

DAMN DUDE THAT SOME CRAZY SHIT SORRY TO HEAR THAT MAN..
Old 03-27-2004, 06:59 PM
^avatarless

crumpler is on a distinguished road

man that sucks
Old 03-27-2004, 09:01 PM

It does suck, I think I bent my LCA, so now I get to replace them with some bling SRRs or something haha, I just hate that ugly purple color :P I flat spotted the f*ck out of the tires too. I have to drive to work and hear that stupid "thump, thump, thump" and then when I go faster its like "thumthumthumthumthumthum" and it just makes me want to walk to work from now :P

Last edited by Syzle; 03-27-2004 at 09:12 PM.
Old 03-27-2004, 10:07 PM
yea, i'm that guy

fatboyee has disabled reputation

if i drove a honda, i'd walk too..

o wait, i already did drive a honda and had to walk to work

j/k with ya. but that does suck. just noticed that yoru front lip is missing, im assuming that was destroyed in the accident?
Old 03-27-2004, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by fatboyee
j/k with ya. but that does suck. just noticed that yoru front lip is missing, im assuming that was destroyed in the accident?
Haha yeah I hate my Honda sometimes Yeah my front lip is wasted but I ghetto rigged it together with some kind of fiberglass resin sheit and I might sand it a little and paint it. I dont want to buy a new one :P Im so ghetto. Its leaning up against the door right now.

Edit: Actually, it was destroyed by the redneck mechanic who drove it up the ramp into the bay, and by the tow truck drivers who didnt give a f*ck wether they broke it or not :P I could care less about the lip as long as I got home.

Last edited by Syzle; 03-27-2004 at 10:51 PM.