Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Exhaust patched, please don't tailgate

Old 07-06-2004, 06:34 AM
superuser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Thumbs up Exhaust patched, please don't tailgate

Got the exhaust patched with some aluminum roof flashing and three adjustable pipe clamps. Next thing to fix is the front mount of the torque arm (yes, I do drive my car that hard).

The car is like a little green dragon, spittin' flames out the back quite consistently.

Gonna have to take the neighbors' daughters out for a test ride soon. Then maybe for a ride in the car, too.
Old 07-06-2004, 07:26 AM
<========8 ROBBCOCKS

Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx
Default Re: Exhaust patched, please don't tailgate

haha....just dont get anything on my new paint job.....hopefully my car will be ready on sunday!
Old 07-06-2004, 12:39 PM
all show ~ no go

TrueBlueGTStang is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Not Stock
Got the exhaust patched with some aluminum roof flashing and three adjustable pipe clamps. Next thing to fix is the front mount of the torque arm (yes, I do drive my car that hard).

The car is like a little green dragon, spittin' flames out the back quite consistently.

Gonna have to take the neighbors' daughters out for a test ride soon. Then maybe for a ride in the car, too.
Old 07-06-2004, 03:02 PM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

Originally Posted by Not Stock
Got the exhaust patched with some aluminum roof flashing and three adjustable pipe clamps.
By God Richard, that doesnt sound like a "fix" to me, but a ghetto rigging of a lifetime. Aluminum roof flashing...wtf. Was the Lowe's out of chicken wire or something?

Next thing to fix is the front mount of the torque arm (yes, I do drive my car that hard).
What broke?

TUNE, TUNE, TUNE. Flames = wasted gas = lost horsepower

Just make sure you put the car seat in right. Henrico is cracking down on that...
Old 07-07-2004, 05:37 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

The fix looks great, much cheaper than new headers and a painful install. Headers are banged up more than a $2 ho. Will post pics (of the fix, not a $2 ho) sometime soon.

Chicken wire? Nah, I drive a domestic, not a rice rocket.

Looks like I cracked some welds for the torque arm support and wiggled loose a bolt on the torque arm mount. Will take off the floorboards of my trailer to take a peek underneath once my work deadline is met here in the office. Been working 7 long days a week for several weeks now. Garage is still packed with boxes as I haven't really moved in at all yet.

Severe power loss above 5500 rpm (tune) and runs too richly at idle (tune), causing the flaming backfire. Car is not a daily driver in any sense and is a low priority at this point. Will fix the car before getting it retuned. Paying the loot to get a broken car tuned is a waste.