Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Euro Performance - Where's the love Richmond?

Old 10-20-2006, 01:27 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Richmond_Dub has disabled reputation
Default Euro Performance - Where's the love Richmond?

Hey guys - been trying to find a shop to start working with to upgrade a bunch of components on my VW1.8T, but it doesn't seem like there are any specialty euro shops around - anyone know of any good shops around town that might be able to help out?

Trying to find someone that has a business connection with APR/GIAC/REVO or some other tuner so I can get my ECU reprogrammed. Would also like to upgrade to a Garrett GT series turbo in the near future and would be looking for some expertise there as well.

Spoke with Mike over at Performance Auto Sport back in August and I think he said he was going to have a VW/Audi tech. coming to his shop - Anyone been over there lately?
Old 10-20-2006, 01:42 PM
Registered Member

teamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond reputeteamlegacy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Euro Performance - Where's the love Richmond?

You could try and give Jeff @ Delta V Motorsports a call. They just moved locations, but I'm not sure how inviting they are to VW turbo work. They have a great group of tech's and help around there and they know their shit, without a doubt.

Oh, and if he doesn't work on the vehicle, he may be able to reccomend someone who may.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:08 PM
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

Originally Posted by Richmond_Dub
Hey guys - been trying to find a shop to start working with to upgrade a bunch of components on my VW1.8T, but it doesn't seem like there are any specialty euro shops around - anyone know of any good shops around town that might be able to help out?

Trying to find someone that has a business connection with APR/GIAC/REVO or some other tuner so I can get my ECU reprogrammed. Would also like to upgrade to a Garrett GT series turbo in the near future and would be looking for some expertise there as well.

Spoke with Mike over at Performance Auto Sport back in August and I think he said he was going to have a VW/Audi tech. coming to his shop - Anyone been over there lately?
welcome to richmond...if you dont drive a mustand or camaro your shit outta luck...lol
Old 10-20-2006, 02:10 PM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok

The market of european cars that are being modded in Richmond is small - it wouldn't make any sense to have a shop focused on them.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:19 PM
Registered Member

Damn....just as I feared. Seems like most of the Euro tuning market is up in MD and out in VA Beach......maybe some of the 757 crew can chime in here and let me know who I should look at out near the beach
Old 10-20-2006, 02:29 PM
Kicking Ass

Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T

richmonddubs.com is your friend. There's a good group of guys on there that know their shit. They should know some shops around. Or at least help you install the stuff yourself.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:57 PM
Registered Member

I've been on their forums a few times but it seems like the VW community is pretty sleepy around Richmond....maybe if I sink enough money into mine it'll inspire the other OEM guys to up the anty a bit and come out of the wood work
Old 10-20-2006, 05:56 PM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

I'm guessing you spoke with Mark. This is Kevin from Performance Autosport and we didnt hire a vw/audi guy, but we hired a Honda/Jag guy. Yes...an odd combo, but he's an excellent mechanic and meshes with the PAS family extremely well.

If you need anything installed we can do it, but we have no specific brand hook ups.
Old 10-20-2006, 05:57 PM
jar
It's like that

jar is on a distinguished road

rdubs used to be a lot better than it is now. i'd at least give jeff at deltav a call and see if he'd be interesting in working on it. he's real honest and awesome to do business with.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:13 PM
Kicking Ass

Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T

Originally Posted by jar
rdubs used to be a lot better than it is now.
Hum that's too bad. I remember like three years ago it was pretty thriving.