Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Drug rehab/Narcoticss help

Old 07-26-2011, 06:07 PM
TwoWheels YearRound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade
Default Re: Drug rehab/Narcoticss help

Originally Posted by iHeartTouge
Thanks for all the advice. He's in a recovery program now led by a church. I told him I wont be helping him again since he obviously doesn't want it. He's on his own, I hope he makes the right decision, and I don't want to see him again until he's completely clean and can hold a job.
^^ +rep for that.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:12 PM
Registered member

experthondakid has disabled reputation

i know your in the richmond area but if you were in ffx county there a place called virginia hospital center i had a friend go there cuz of oxycottin hes ben out for 2months and been oxy clea he was in there for about a month
Old 07-26-2011, 06:20 PM
Registered Member

iHeartTouge iHeartTouge iHeartTouge iHeartTouge iHeartTouge iHeartTouge iHeartTouge iHeartTouge iHeartTouge iHeartTouge iHeartTouge

Originally Posted by experthondakid
i know your in the richmond area but if you were in ffx county there a place called virginia hospital center i had a friend go there cuz of oxycottin hes ben out for 2months and been oxy clea he was in there for about a month
Thanks, I'll pass that along to his parents. Getting him out of Richmond, away from his contacts, could really help I think.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:55 PM
Registered Member

laserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Digital4N6
what about forgiveness and "love thy neighbor"?

practice what you preach. literally.
I paid their bills for 3 months. Fed him, his wife and their two kids for 3 months. My grocery more than doubled and our electric bill tripled (she smoked in front of the house and left the door open so she could hear her kids, A/C went right out the house). Meanwhile he kept buying tools and she always had cigarettes. Their kid pee'd on the $5000 carpet we laid in the basement 1 month before the moved in.

I wasn't helping them at all. I was enabling them. And like OP's friend, they didn't want to change. They wanted someone that could support their habits. I went through almost all my emergency savings in 3 months with them. I talked to the church and you can't let your family suffer for the sake of someone elses. Even thought they "owed" me $1500, I cut them lose and wiped their debt.

Last edited by laserspeeddemon; 07-26-2011 at 07:58 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:14 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

$5000 for carpet in the basement? Must have been woven by Ali-baba 'cause that's some magical carpet.

Keep making up excuses to justify your actions, you only have to convince yourself. No one else is going to believe it.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:14 AM
Banned

BlownLS1 BlownLS1 BlownLS1 BlownLS1 BlownLS1 BlownLS1 BlownLS1 BlownLS1 BlownLS1 BlownLS1 BlownLS1

Originally Posted by iHeartTouge
Thanks, I'll pass that along to his parents. Getting him out of Richmond, away from his contacts, could really help I think.
OP I sympathize with you ive lost many family and friends to addiction. Your post hit home with me.

The only words of wisdom I can offer since you made the decision I would have already are these. When he gets out be weary and expect him to back-slide. Rehabilitation can take several routes, if he gives it an honest effort he still may wind up on the wrong path. I agree with your idea, get him to a new surrounding. If he comes out of the program and associates with the same dope fiends a slip is inevitable. I would suggest to his family to have a plan set up for him when he gets loose. By a plan I mean job interviews, living arrangements, and support in the form of a group targeting his addiction. If he comes out and those 3 things aren't addressed he will revert back to depression, anxiety, and eventually the only thing that makes living okay in his reality. I strongly advise you to remove your emotions from the equation and walk the hard line. You dont have to cut off all contact with his recovery just your personal relationship with said individual. You care for him alot its apparent, so keep in touch with his family and help him but dont enable him. Best of luck to you and him stay strong and just know your doing the correct thing.

-Tim
Old 07-27-2011, 11:14 PM
Registered Member

laserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these partslaserspeeddemon is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Digital4N6
$5000 for carpet in the basement? Must have been woven by Ali-baba 'cause that's some magical carpet.

Keep making up excuses to justify your actions, you only have to convince yourself. No one else is going to believe it.
I don't care what you think. And my basement is probably bigger than your place if you think $5000 is a lot of money for professional carpet install because $5000 was the cheapest we could find. You don't even know how big my basement is?

Last edited by laserspeeddemon; 07-27-2011 at 11:18 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:54 AM
<========8 ROBBCOCKS

Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx

Originally Posted by laserspeeddemon
I don't care what you think. And my basement is probably bigger than your place if you think $5000 is a lot of money for professional carpet install because $5000 was the cheapest we could find. You don't even know how big my basement is?
And you obviously don't know how big his houses are.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:23 PM
Registered Member

Is that supposed to impress me?
Old 08-01-2011, 01:24 PM
Registered Member

And I'm glad we are making comparisons on the interweb. That's way more important than OPs topic.

Quick Reply: Drug rehab/Narcoticss help