Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Disabled cars on the left shoulder

Old 02-10-2006, 06:47 AM
superuser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Unhappy Disabled cars on the left shoulder

Two cars almost got slammed harder than N'Sync in prison this morning.

I-95 southbound some blonde parked her car with hazards right after rush hour just before the I-195, I-64 interchange on I-95 -- listed as part of the deadliest stretch of I-95 from Florida to Maine. Car was sticking out into the passing lane of traffic, she couldn't get out of her car because her door was against the jersey wall. Peroxide must have soaked in too deep. State Popo was on its way there.

On I-195 right after a turn and merge lane, another woman was parked on the left shoulder sticking out into traffic, again up against the jersey wall. Lots of brains there, which we probably all would have seen splattered if the motorist assistance vehicle wasn't there. He too was hidden around the turn well short of any stopping distance other than a monkey on a tricycle.

A few weeks ago, some guy in a truck stops in the middle left lane of the bridge just before the Powhite toll plaza heading southbound. He had the hood up and was poking around the engine -- during rush hour. Anyone who would have slammed into the back of his truck would have made him into a fleshy skateboard. Look for all of the skid marks around that NASCAR turn.

For the love of jeebus, get to the *right* shoulder, keep your seatbelt on, and call #77 on your cell. If there's a wall or other barrier, pop the hood of your car and hop over and stand in the grass away from any traffic until help arrives. What a stupid way to die.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:14 AM
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Disabled cars on the left shoulder

I have to take the section of 195/64 to and from work and to and from just about anywhere else i want to go every day, alot of times on the bike and i fucking hate it, the roads are horrible and dangerous even if i was the only one on the road, but add to it the most idiotic long term construction project ever and thousands of dumb ass drivers and i'm plain scared when driving through that section... i've personally witnessed three people smash into the wall on 195 in the past two months, and thats just people i've actually watched crash, i can't imagine how many others wreck when i'm not on the road

if i ever break down on that section screw waiting in the car or calling the police, i'm jumping out the sunroof and running for my life as far away from the interstate as i can

i came around the corner of 195 maybe 3 weeks ago, its blind, only to find a wrecker pulling a car out of the wall both of them in the left travel lane, luckily the car to my right was far enough behind that i could swerve to the right and avoid them but if there had been traffic directly to my right we would have all been fucked... they just need to drop a bomb on that section of interstate and start over
Old 02-10-2006, 12:54 PM
Registered Member

Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R

and now my car is on the left shoulder of 295 headed southbound just before the Pole Green exit. Blow outs suck.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:32 PM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

That sounds scary.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:37 PM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

Yeah fuck that. Sucks for you guys.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:39 PM
Banned

jdm91crxsi is an unknown quantity at this point

thank god somebody makes a somewhat public statement about these non-driving monkeys on the road.... i didn't know that Cheerios gave out driver licenses. lol
Old 02-10-2006, 07:51 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Originally Posted by jdm91crxsi
i didn't know that Cheerios gave out driver licenses. lol
Free driver's license with every Cracker Jack, Moon Pie, and Fortune cookie purchase.
Old 02-11-2006, 02:26 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

how is that stretch so deadly? i don't get it. the paving is absolutely terrible, i know that, but other than that, it doesn't seem so bad. i've been there plenty of times, just doesn't seem as bad as the DC area.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:42 AM
Registered Member

LowTech1 has a spectacular aura aboutLowTech1 has a spectacular aura about

These Richmond idiots make NoVA's driving wizards look amazingly competent.
Old 02-11-2006, 11:24 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by LowTech1
These Richmond idiots make NoVA's driving wizards look amazingly competent.
wow. that's bad. because a good 75% of Nova drivers need to be eliminated from the gene pool.

Quick Reply: Disabled cars on the left shoulder