Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

curious? where does anyone buy race gas?

Old 09-13-2004, 12:19 PM
life is good boosted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to all
Question curious? where does anyone buy race gas?

and if you do what level of octane do you use? I know a bunch of you guys are turbo'd and even more on the bottle, what & where is the good deal on 99+ octane unleaded? Or leaded for that matter?

Preesh
Old 09-13-2004, 12:31 PM
Registered Member

cardana24 cardana24 cardana24 cardana24 cardana24 cardana24 cardana24 cardana24 cardana24 cardana24 cardana24
Default Re: curious? where does anyone buy race gas?

I know here (charlottesville) they sell it in race shops, and you can also get it at the track. I am not sure on the price but I remember a few years ago my friend bought 104 for 5 bux a gallon....sorry I dont know a more accurate price but I know you can get it at those two places, and there is higher octane than 104 I just have no clue what the price of it is
Old 09-13-2004, 12:38 PM
Registered Member

RICE ETR is an unknown quantity at this point

100 oct unleaded and 112 leaded at Danco on williamsburg rd by B&B seafood. I think 4-wheel drive specialties on broad also sells it.
Old 09-13-2004, 12:39 PM
Registered Member

oh and the hell with race gas... I get the octane and the super cooling with methanol injection above 4psi. So i can run 93 all the time... and only use the alky when I want to get on it. Best thing since sliced bread for boosted high compression cars like mine.
Old 09-13-2004, 12:40 PM
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

Danco and the citgo on hull sells 109.5 leaded
Its just west of genito/hull. Bring your own container they wont let you pump it it the car on site since its leaded
Old 09-13-2004, 12:48 PM
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

If your running cats dont even think about putting the leaded shit in. It also ruined one of my wideband sensors in like 5k miles.
Thats freakin amazing. Danco sells the good unleaded 104 thats safe for all ur shit
Old 09-13-2004, 01:27 PM
life is good boosted

wheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to all

Jarrod,

how much methanol do you use on a regular basis? That sounds like a better route to go? Cheaper?

oh yeah and anybody on the southside selling either one?
Old 09-13-2004, 02:47 PM
Registered Member

I get mine from fast-trak by the swamp on 360. It's $5/gallon... can't beat that with a stick considering denatured alky from HD is $11/gal and meth works better.

It is definitely cheaper by a huge margin unless you are WOT everywhere you go, even then it is cheaper... of course depending on your set-up, you might or might not spray as much as I am. I have to use so much because I have a small turbo that I am really spinning to get power out of.. read hotter IAT's, and my intercooler is small and not in a really good location... to top that off I have high compression.
If I am at the track, I can make about ~7-8 passes on 1/2-2/3 of a tank... which is 1/2 gal. I like to keep it topped off so I don't ever run it below 1/3 tank when the low warning light comes on.
This past sat on the dyno with the bigger nozzle and pump speed all the way up, I used about 1/4 of the tank on 3, 4th gear dyno pulls.
I tried the race gas route... never again unless I have too.
Old 09-13-2004, 04:01 PM
Murdered Out

Up_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to all

yea i go tot he Danco Citgo off hull and poured the 109.5 octane race fuel in the bike. $4.45 a gallon. right into the bike then went riding. i didnt even use the container.
Old 09-13-2004, 06:33 PM
Registered Member

Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R Jason R

i buy my 100 octane at the Danco in williamsburg rd.

Quick Reply: curious? where does anyone buy race gas?