Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Cheap areas around here for paint jobs?

Old 04-21-2007, 01:43 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sandfrog has disabled reputation
Default Cheap areas around here for paint jobs?

I may be getting a Mustang, but it looks like the owner before him had started wet sanding it to prepare it for a paint job. Then the fenders are after market and aren't painted. This is basically a daily driver but I'm not going for anything special here. I just don't like the fading paint all over the car from where he sanded it, and some cracked paint areas. Are there any places in central Virginia that don't charge an arm and a leg to just sand it a little, then throw a couple coats of the same color paint over it with a little gloss? It's white, so it doesn't need to look like a real good paint job. Shouldn't take a professional but a few hours.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:24 PM
Registered Member

Sandfrog has disabled reputation
Default Re: Cheap areas around here for paint jobs?

Just to give you an idea what I'm getting into...

About to grab a couple cans of Rustoleum to fix the bad spots in the mean time.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:53 PM
rep is overrated

pocketaces has disabled reputation

Maaco....just do the prep work yourself
Old 04-24-2007, 06:02 PM
Registered Member

M1KeyC is a jewel in the roughM1KeyC is a jewel in the roughM1KeyC is a jewel in the rough

get a DA sander and some 180 grit and smooth it all out, and do what he said. Macco ftw.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:08 PM
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz

Those fenders and wheels are hideous. Are you sure you want to drive that thing?
Old 04-24-2007, 06:14 PM
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!

pm accordkid, him and his dad do excellent work
Old 04-24-2007, 08:57 PM
Show-lo car

nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2

if you just sand with the 180 and tell maaco to spray.. do they prep it anymore at all?
Old 04-24-2007, 09:13 PM
Registered Member

Pyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud ofPyscolilboy17 has much to be proud of

dont do macco find someone that does it for a side job, macco sucks. you pretty much get what you pay for and i most likely you will not like it. someone that does it for a side job will worry a little bit more about the quality then the quanity.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:40 AM
look what you did!

crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie

Originally Posted by smokin240
I may be getting a Mustang, but it looks like the owner before him had started wet sanding it to prepare it for a paint job. Then the fenders are after market and aren't painted. This is basically a daily driver but I'm not going for anything special here. I just don't like the fading paint all over the car from where he sanded it, and some cracked paint areas. Are there any places in central Virginia that don't charge an arm and a leg to just sand it a little, then throw a couple coats of the same color paint over it with a little gloss? It's white, so it doesn't need to look like a real good paint job. Shouldn't take a professional but a few hours.
I'm in richmond too, I have a guy who does it on the side he does real good work. Fred at automotive headliners on research rd. on the south side. Nead a # e-mail me @ mthree@comcast.net.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:52 PM

s2k7 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Pyscolilboy17
dont do macco find someone that does it for a side job, macco sucks. you pretty much get what you pay for and i most likely you will not like it. someone that does it for a side job will worry a little bit more about the quality then the quanity.
Actually Macco does great jobs. It's just they advertise these cheap paint jobs, and well...thats exactly what you get. How many time's do people have to explain this? You pay the price, and they'll do a great job.

180 on DA, with fiberglass is a big fuck no.

Quick Reply: Cheap areas around here for paint jobs?