Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Central Area Dirt Biking?

Old 02-03-2012, 09:10 AM
knee dragger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rydell Rydell Rydell Rydell Rydell Rydell Rydell Rydell Rydell Rydell Rydell
Default Central Area Dirt Biking?

Where's the scene at here, if there even is one? I "hail" from the country and desert where we all had trails and tracks in our back yards. That was over 10 years ago. Sold my bike soon after I moved and realized I needed my first car and there wasn't anywhere or anyone to ride with. Now I'm grabbing another to throw around in the off season (http://maps.wera.com/?x=y) or days I can't make it to the track. Last time I rode here, I had to go to Fredricksburg for some decent riding. Anyone familiar with the 2 wheeled off roading scene in and around Richmond? Any particular place folks tend to hang out at?
Old 02-03-2012, 09:30 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Re: Central Area Dirt Biking?

Originally Posted by Rydell
Where's the scene at here, if there even is one? I "hail" from the country and desert where we all had trails and tracks in our back yards. That was over 10 years ago. Sold my bike soon after I moved and realized I needed my first car and there wasn't anywhere or anyone to ride with. Now I'm grabbing another to throw around in the off season (http://maps.wera.com/?x=y) or days I can't make it to the track. Last time I rode here, I had to go to Fredricksburg for some decent riding. Anyone familiar with the 2 wheeled off roading scene in and around Richmond? Any particular place folks tend to hang out at?
if you're over 18 and still ride around on a dirt bike, you probably wear your first name on your shirt at work.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:33 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

go to a motorcycle shop that sells off road motorbikes, they should be able to get you in contact with a local club or something that already has a relatively decent track that may allow you to ride around if you wear a thong backwards.

Old 02-03-2012, 10:00 AM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

Register at advrider.com/forums

Then check out regional forums->Southeast->and then subscribe to both Hampton Roads and Richmond chatter.

Several of us locally that ride dual sports and we love hitting the trails.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:07 AM
Registered Member

unbound327 unbound327 unbound327 unbound327 unbound327 unbound327 unbound327 unbound327 unbound327 unbound327 unbound327

Vmp has a open track days theres.a club by Shirley plantation that you pay and its ride whenever you want they have some small trails there also idk if the guy still works at burchams or whatever its called now (in colonial hights by the Harley dealer) but you can try and ask for.Tony other then that ncmp is.probably your best bet
Old 02-03-2012, 02:10 PM
knee dragger

Originally Posted by Digital4N6
go to a motorcycle shop that sells off road motorbikes, they should be able to get you in contact with a local club or something that already has a relatively decent track that may allow you to ride around if you wear a thong backwards.

Motorbikes.
You must have enjoyed the dick cheese sandwiches bullies gave you in high school
Nice gif.

Originally Posted by ufctapout
Register at advrider.com/forums

Then check out regional forums->Southeast->and then subscribe to both Hampton Roads and Richmond chatter.

Several of us locally that ride dual sports and we love hitting the trails.
Exactly what I was looking for.

Originally Posted by unbound327
Vmp has a open track days theres.a club by Shirley plantation that you pay and its ride whenever you want they have some small trails there also idk if the guy still works at burchams or whatever its called now (in colonial hights by the Harley dealer) but you can try and ask for.Tony other then that ncmp is.probably your best bet
Didn't know VMP existed
Old 02-03-2012, 05:40 PM
Banned

FatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these parts

stop being a puswah and make your own.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:15 PM
knee dragger

Originally Posted by FatDakLove
stop being a puswah and make your own.
Show me land where the owner won't take pot shots at me with a shotgun and I gladly will :-)

Mainly looking for some back woods enduro riding. Track can get boring, quickly.
Old 02-05-2012, 07:09 PM
DAAAANG & OHDAANG

MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch

Like UFC said, check out ADVrider.com

If youre able to find some good stuff hit me up. I spend quite a few weekends in RVA and would love to bring my bike.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:15 PM
Banned

FatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these partsFatDakLove is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Rydell
Show me land where the owner won't take pot shots at me with a shotgun and I gladly will :-)

Mainly looking for some back woods enduro riding. Track can get boring, quickly.
never stopped us as kids, I don't see why this is an issue for you know.
puuuuu shwaaaaaaaahhhhh!!

Quick Reply: Central Area Dirt Biking?