Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Car up and running again, a few bugs here and there...

Old 08-16-2004, 08:04 PM
superuser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Arrow Car up and running again, a few bugs here and there...

Worked on the car tonight, here is the result for those wondering.

Got the alignment done but my crap tires on the stock rims still pull to the right. Will rotate the feet and should be good for awhile. There are 12 points that I regularly check and adjust for the rear suspension on my car. Yes, on an aftermarket suspension you can adjust the rear suspension. Willing to show how to anyone wanting to learn.

Sloppy clunking under hard acceleration/deceleration from the torque arm still exists due to a broken weld on the front driver's ladder mount. This really sucks. Will have to be fixed soon.

Corrected the air/fuel mixture. Behind the car is still a no smoking zone. Just doesn't try to adjust so darn much anymore. Fixed the driver's cat backpressure issue with an "american universal adjustment tool". There was also a small short due to a wire whose coating had rubbed bare. Fixed that and it's running okay for now. Will confirm later with AutoTap.

Tweaked the amp settings but not really interested in listening to the stereo as much.

Exhaust note is noticably cleaner now. Very quiet in 5th gear which betrays the agressiveness of the lower gears. 2nd gear makes small children cry. (Note to self, do not rev the engine behind the parking lot of Toys R'Us anymore.)

Idles down the road at 65mph in 5th to a sweet 17 mpg. Yeah, my car -- 17 mpg!
Old 08-16-2004, 08:33 PM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam
Default Re: Car up and running again, a few bugs here and there...

The real question........why were you sitting behind a Toys R' Us?

Nevermind, I'd rather not know.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:22 PM
all show ~ no go

TrueBlueGTStang is an unknown quantity at this point

if you need to use an AutoTap i have one here i use on my cars shows every thing thats going on it your car
Old 08-17-2004, 05:33 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Sheehy Ford in Gaithersburg MD is near the mall.

Thanks for the AutoTap offer, already have my own and just borrowed a laptop. Little brother just bought a reader for a bajillion dollars that apparently can reprogram some stuff. Didn't have time to check it out while I was up there.

Some of ya'll have met Randy. Him with a wrench is like me with a computer. After working there only a few months, he's gotten a total of $4/hr in raises, two bays with lifts, and a helper shop monkey for the amount of work he's turning. Quite impressive! Seems like all of the money he makes goes right back into tools. Gotta get him back down here in Richmond so I can swap his Snap-On and Matco with my Harbor Freight.
Old 08-17-2004, 08:23 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Richard, was he the one with us last 4th of July?
Old 08-17-2004, 09:50 AM
superuser

Yeah. He's the one "dating" the 42 year old sugar momma on the side. P-i-m-p.
Old 08-17-2004, 12:12 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Ha ha ha ha.