Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Car scale

Old 05-13-2009, 12:58 PM
Went Full Retard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VAVolvo is infamous around these partsVAVolvo is infamous around these partsVAVolvo is infamous around these partsVAVolvo is infamous around these partsVAVolvo is infamous around these partsVAVolvo is infamous around these partsVAVolvo is infamous around these partsVAVolvo is infamous around these partsVAVolvo is infamous around these partsVAVolvo is infamous around these partsVAVolvo is infamous around these parts
Default Car scale

Does anyone know where a good 'car' scale is? Even better, a 4 wheel scale used to balance and tune suspension. I'm interested in knowing the weight of my car, as well as tuning coilovers the right way.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:59 PM
Body In Trunk.

RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Car scale

just to get you weight you can do that @ sims.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:28 PM
Registered member

IrfanM96 has disabled reputation

sims?
Old 05-13-2009, 01:30 PM
Body In Trunk.

RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute

sims metal on deep water terminal. they got a scale. charge 10 bucks for a single weight.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:44 PM
Registered Member

69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette

I have corner weight scales. Send me a PM and let me know if you just want it weighed once or if you are trying to adjust it and reweigh the car and I will give you a quote.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:11 PM
Registered Member

Gary Busey will become famous soon enough

theres a truck scale i noticed over behind grey hound i didnt really go over there and check it out but it said public scales on the sign
Old 05-13-2009, 05:14 PM
Went Full Retard

VAVolvo is infamous around these partsVAVolvo is infamous around these partsVAVolvo is infamous around these partsVAVolvo is infamous around these partsVAVolvo is infamous around these partsVAVolvo is infamous around these partsVAVolvo is infamous around these partsVAVolvo is infamous around these partsVAVolvo is infamous around these partsVAVolvo is infamous around these partsVAVolvo is infamous around these parts

Yeah, cool, I keep forgetting about Sims, it would be the easiest, hopefully they'll let me step out of the car when the car is on the scale. But I'll slao look into that public scale as well, they might not charge as much.

Thanks 69vette, I'll be sure to hit you up when I'm ready, I actually have 2 cars I'm messing around with. When the suspension goes on the Civic, I'll need to adjusted and reweigh and so forth.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:23 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

i took my truck to the henrico county dump off nuckols rd when they weren't busy and asked if they could tell me how much my truck weighed, no cost. probably not what you're looking for and not as accurate, maybe 10#.

the one at pete rose landscaping off the cut-thru road near the wawa and between staples mill rd and hungary spring rd, is accurate to about 10# as well.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:03 PM
Registered Member

69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette

Originally Posted by VAVolvo

Thanks 69vette, I'll be sure to hit you up when I'm ready, I actually have 2 cars I'm messing around with. When the suspension goes on the Civic, I'll need to adjusted and reweigh and so forth.
Sounds good. Just let me know when your ready and if I am in town I will get you a quote on scaling the car and setting it up.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:15 PM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

Most local dumps can weigh your car too. THey use it to see how much trash you've dumped for the month.