Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Car got towed legal?

Old 06-24-2008, 02:27 PM
I Mierda en usted!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
z-dotcom has disabled reputation
Default Car got towed legal?

My mother was transporting a patient from the main facility to her home in a company car. My mothers a physical therapist and the patient had no other means of transportation and was a sick elderly older women around 85. While my mother was dropping the lady of my mom parked in a blank parking spot at the retirement home which had no markings neither visitor or resident (there were no such markings anywhere). She went with the patients sister to get her in her home then the sister of the patient comes running outside because she says the cars getting towed.
My mom comes back outside explains the situation about how she has to physically carry the elderly woman to the redneck towers and they refuse to un hook her car. the Patient comes outside and almost falls so my mother runs back and gets the patient (whos now upset) back in her home and they tow my mothers company car away and she then has to pay $150 to get it back. Is there anything my mother can do to get compensation since there were no signs posted anywhere that was readable and she came outside before they were finished hooking up the car?
Old 06-24-2008, 02:53 PM
Its Lightish Red

JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab JStab
Default Re: Car got towed legal?

if it is a company vehicle, let the company worry about it?
Old 06-24-2008, 03:41 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Take pictures of the place, the parking spot, get the name/address of the towing company then call up some morning radio show like q94 or b103 to whine about it. With enough bad press, the towing company may back down.

The tow truck wasn't likely just driving around. They were probably called by someone at the front desk of the retirement home. If not, someone at the front desk should have asked them not to tow (which they can do).
Old 06-24-2008, 03:52 PM
TheMuhFuggin♂

burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy

Did your mom think to ask what the reason was for the tow?? I'd think if its not posted at the entrance to the lot or on the specific space you may have a dismal case for dismissal. Nothing against you but most tow companies are like pit bulls, they wont let go until you pay em. They have your car, you need it, they have the power.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:25 PM

Turbosh!tbox has disabled reputation

Thats very true Im surprised he didnt try and charge her like 85 bucks just to drop it some will. But more than likely the tow company tows for this home and they do periodic ride throughs like vultures. I would see what her company can do or the home.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:40 PM
I Mierda en usted!

gotcha, thanks everyone Ill let her know. They towed the car because there was no decal on it and there wasn't any visual signs anywhere near the parking space or the entrance. She actually already notified 12 on your side before I even posted this =\. Her company apparently is going to be paying her back, she was just disgusted of how the tow guys acted considering the circumstances. Also the patient and her sister (whom are both over the age of 70) have also called and complained to 12 on your side.
Old 06-24-2008, 06:08 PM
Man in the BOX

Alice_in_Chains is an unknown quantity at this point

Out of morbid curiosity which tow company was it? I want to make sure I never use them or direct anyone to use them in the future.
Old 06-25-2008, 06:38 PM
I Mierda en usted!

It was Marshalls Towing off of Staples Mill Rd. Rednecks who are not fazed at all by an old women yelling at them or damn near falling down trying to prevent her therapists car from getting towed from her home.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:00 PM
FTW

GuNnErgOd is an unknown quantity at this point

you racist trey!
Old 06-25-2008, 07:32 PM
I Mierda en usted!

Lol I am not, and who are you?