Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

bye bye car scene (probably)

Old 04-07-2003, 03:13 PM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok
Default bye bye car scene (probably)

So, after taking my car to Haley to have the strut and idle checked out, I get this invoice that might as well have read:

Problem: Your car sucks
Price: Your anal virginity.

Explanation for strut knocking:
"Strut notches not lined up to strut cap." Can anyone explain this?

As for the idle problem- "Oil on plug wires, need major tuneup (plugs, wires, cap, rotor and sleeves."

"Would need to replace struts and caps, $825. Timing belt due every 60,000 miles, $199. Numerous oil leaks, valve cover, $90. Distrib o-ring $80. Oil pan $250. Front engine seals leaking, $190 with timing belt."

That makes for a grand total of $1,635. ONE THOUSAND, SIX HUNDRED AND THIRTY FIVE DOLLARS.

byebye mr2.
Old 04-07-2003, 03:33 PM
200HP/L

Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi

Hint:

Dearerships suck the barrs off of godzirra.

So know that you know what's wrong, take it to an independant shop. Or suck it up and do the work yourself.
Old 04-07-2003, 03:35 PM
DAAAANG & OHDAANG

MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch

bye bye car scene? ummm, hello honda, DUH!
Old 04-07-2003, 03:38 PM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok

I know the dealerships always make everything out to be more than it is but for me to afford this shit the other shops will have to be like 1/4 the cost, which I find highly unlikely.

I don't want to drive a wrong-wheel-drive car and try to have fun in it but I may find myself sitting in a crx soon (ick.)

I would gladly do the work myself if I knew how and had some tools. (My dad moved out and now i've got none.)

Last edited by The Wok; 04-07-2003 at 03:48 PM.
Old 04-07-2003, 04:53 PM
Banned

LOCO is an unknown quantity at this point

dude dennis, we can fix it calm down. I will talk to brandon and see if we can use his garage and he has ALOT of tools.
Dont give up on the car scene yet, and DONT go and drive a honda, what are you thinking lol.
We all have problems sometimes, its what happens in the car scene thing, trust me, but it will get worked out.
Get yourself a job so u can get a little bit of money and les get the shit done.
Old 04-07-2003, 04:58 PM
SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage

Don't feel bad, I paid almost that to have a leaky transaxle seal changed. Well, I didn't pay that, my warranty company did

Hope you get it fixed soon
Old 04-07-2003, 07:45 PM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic

Hey Dennis...I've got a garage with all the tools you'd ever need to fix whatever problems you might have. Buy the parts and let's get a few of the guys together one weekend and do some wrenching. Labor is free for friends who don't mind getting their hands dirty.
Old 04-07-2003, 07:48 PM
i probably hate you

Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts

dealerships rape you in the ass. buy the parts and do the work yourself. hell, ill do it for ya for next to nothing.
Old 04-08-2003, 07:29 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

I am off on Sundays. Let me know.
Old 04-08-2003, 09:40 AM
Banned

LOCO is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah man like nic said get the parts and we will do the work. Me you, nic, phil, and mo can all get together and get this done in no time.

Dont give up that easy. Lets us know when you get the parts. You know if you need a ride anywhere I will give one to you. Let me know if you need me to pick up some parts for you or whatever.

Quick Reply: bye bye car scene (probably)