Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

buh bye 85

Old 10-19-2008, 05:31 AM
yea, i'm that guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fatboyee has disabled reputation
buh bye 85

well, it was certain to happen eventually...

on possibly the best test pass of the day yesterday i lost an upper radiator hose about the 1/8th mi (approx 115mph) an proceeded to lose all control of the car. kissed the wall pretty well on the r/r, tearing up the left side and rear of the car as a result.

people say it's just some sheetmetal work needed to put it back together. but i don't like the idea of driving a car that has been wrecked.

i'm fine. a little bit sore, but mostly butt-hurt over the fact that my first car (which i drove to highschool) is now f*cked.

guess there will soon be a nasty 89notch on the streets before too long...

as a note, car went 9.38 @ 144 with only a 1.42 60' the previous pass - a personal best on this setup. but a stunning example of newton's law .... what goes up, most-certainly comes back down

Last edited by fatboyee; 10-19-2008 at 05:34 AM.
Old 10-19-2008, 05:35 AM
Body In Trunk.

RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: buh bye 85

damn dude that sucks. you could always fix it back up as a driver if you dont feel safe in it in around 150 mph
Old 10-19-2008, 05:46 AM
thermal efficiency

J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS

dang man, sorry to hear that. im sure youre sick of hearing "well it could have been a lot worse!"
Old 10-19-2008, 10:54 AM
95cobra/95gsx/99cbr

cobra29svt is on a distinguished road

That sucks man. Glad to hear you're OK.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:34 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

I am sorry to hear that Mo. Glad you are ok and that is what counts. I know you were sentimental to the 85 as she has whooped alot of ass over the years. I know you guys at BYE, you will have another nasty ride.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:18 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

wow man... that sucks. the rad hose thing is my biggest fear when racing. I'm close to redoing mine in all braided SS just based on that fear.

At least it sounds like everything under the hood is good and you're ok so it'll have a good afterlife in another car

Was this still on the radials? That's retarded fast for a street car for sure.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:21 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

glad you're okay. that car was awesome.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:53 PM
OMG AHH

jdm_ef9 has much to be proud ofjdm_ef9 has much to be proud ofjdm_ef9 has much to be proud ofjdm_ef9 has much to be proud ofjdm_ef9 has much to be proud ofjdm_ef9 has much to be proud ofjdm_ef9 has much to be proud ofjdm_ef9 has much to be proud ofjdm_ef9 has much to be proud ofjdm_ef9 has much to be proud ofjdm_ef9 has much to be proud of

soooo, when are we fixing it?
Old 10-20-2008, 04:49 AM
the baddest assed

MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE

Glad you are fine man I feel your pain.

Take a breather and put something nice and safe together for next year. G/L

p.s. i suggest you start with an lsx block and i know of one local.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:58 AM
DEAD OR ALIVE

azzbustin30th azzbustin30th azzbustin30th azzbustin30th azzbustin30th azzbustin30th azzbustin30th azzbustin30th azzbustin30th azzbustin30th azzbustin30th

sorry for you buddy. just come out faster and better next year.

you could still fix it and just drive it as a beater or somthing.

Quick Reply: buh bye 85