Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Let the forum of public opinion do its worst...Ballos deserves it!!!!

Old 10-23-2017, 12:52 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wrxish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Let the forum of public opinion do its worst...Ballos deserves it!!!!

It all started roughly 18 months ago. I wanted to replace the engine in my old 91 suby wagon with a 2.5 dohc with a few more beans than they ever came with stock. Approached Ballos to do the work. They were on board with a can do attitude and a price tag to match...that is, not cheap...I was willing to pay for a top notch build. months of waiting turned into over a year and still no engine...finally took delivery in spring of 17 and all kinds of stupid shit was wrong with it...could not even install it in the car without taking it back to them for remedial work that should not have been necessary. Intake manifold was on backwards, used idler pulleys found under the timing cover, dipstick tube not mounted, the list of issues goes on...not at all complete and ready to install.

Fast forward to finally getting it in the car and running, and valve clearances were not even set correctly...sloppy fucking work...had to go back again...then it developed a rod knock...engine comes back out...this time, they do the r&r on the engine and bear in mind it had a brand new clutch and associated hardware installed at the time of the new engine install just a few thousand miles before. When I pick the car up...the clutch is slipping so badly it wont take full throttle without hazing the clutch. When I confront them with the issue they claim no responsibility. It had no clutch issue when I dropped the car off and now it does...how is that not their responsibility?

Bottom line, $700 clutch replacement because of their fuckup...in addition they screwed up other things in the R&R as well. Every time they have touched the car they manage to fuck something up. If you are smart you will stay away...as far away as you possibly can...and tell your friends too...