Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

bmx

Old 01-20-2009, 10:41 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bLu92bUbbLe has disabled reputation
Default bmx

Ive been thinking really hard lately about getting into the bmx thing. Ive noticed some trails over by my house on the east end...off williamsburg road....next to a so called golf course or sumthing...whats a good starter bike to get...ive been lookin on CL and saw nothing but haro and diamondbacks...and ive heard about FIT....any help? i was told to get a 21" cuz im like 6'2...
Old 01-21-2009, 01:06 AM
foxbody parts guru

coupeman has disabled reputation
Default Re: bmx

been tempted to take my kids overthere to ride there dirtbikes
just not crazy about the area
Old 01-21-2009, 04:38 AM
DEAD OR ALIVE

azzbustin30th azzbustin30th azzbustin30th azzbustin30th azzbustin30th azzbustin30th azzbustin30th azzbustin30th azzbustin30th azzbustin30th azzbustin30th

that track has been there for years. just in the past year there are some actuall bmx jumps. its a good place to ride.
im 6'6 and ride on a 20" standard frame. one of my buddies on here is selling his fit bike with alot of extras if youre interested.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:44 AM
RAMNATION

deadmemoryy deadmemoryy deadmemoryy deadmemoryy deadmemoryy deadmemoryy deadmemoryy deadmemoryy deadmemoryy deadmemoryy deadmemoryy

i rode bmx for 4 years. kind of slowed down for a year then picked it back up once I got to college and moved to the city. Stay away from diamondback haro etc. Generally I don't buy parts from here, but for completes, they have some real good deals. www.danscomp.com a 20.75 or 21 inch would be good for you. Make sure it's nothing less then that or you will be crammed. Last time I checked out complete bikes, fit and eastern had come out with some good shit. i'll check them out and recommend you a few, it's been a damn long time since I checked out new shit haha.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:30 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by coupeman
been tempted to take my kids overthere to ride there dirtbikes
just not crazy about the area
yea me too...but I see lots of people there everyday....especially on the weekends....
Old 01-21-2009, 09:32 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by azzbustin30th
that track has been there for years. just in the past year there are some actuall bmx jumps. its a good place to ride.
im 6'6 and ride on a 20" standard frame. one of my buddies on here is selling his fit bike with alot of extras if youre interested.
yea let me kno thanks....
Old 01-21-2009, 09:35 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by deadmemoryy
i rode bmx for 4 years. kind of slowed down for a year then picked it back up once I got to college and moved to the city. Stay away from diamondback haro etc. Generally I don't buy parts from here, but for completes, they have some real good deals. www.danscomp.com a 20.75 or 21 inch would be good for you. Make sure it's nothing less then that or you will be crammed. Last time I checked out complete bikes, fit and eastern had come out with some good shit. i'll check them out and recommend you a few, it's been a damn long time since I checked out new shit haha.
yea I was lookn at that site last nite...hott bikes...i didn't kno they run that much...guess its like the hondas...gotta pay to play....iight thanks...jus lemme kno wats a good one
Old 01-21-2009, 09:54 AM
Registered member

lsegcoupe has disabled reputation

fit makes a good frame, im pretty sure theyer still being built by s&m bikes, and theyve been building bikes for a while.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:14 AM
B Nice

STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW

God I feel stupid to not know where it is, but where is this BMX track you guys speak of? LOL, I live in the East End and go down Williamsburg every day and have never noticed it, but I'm also not a very observant person (unless I'm trying to be).

I do know a small course we used to play on when we were kids. It's been at least 10 years and it was on private property I believe, so you may not want to go there. But it is a pretty neat little spot with a lot of nice jumps all crammed together. LOL, nevermind... I was just trying to find an address using google maps and I used the street view to get the clostest address... when I came around the corner on the map it appears they have tore that entire spot down and it's a construction site now
Old 01-21-2009, 11:19 AM
DEAD OR ALIVE

azzbustin30th azzbustin30th azzbustin30th azzbustin30th azzbustin30th azzbustin30th azzbustin30th azzbustin30th azzbustin30th azzbustin30th azzbustin30th

its on stony run drive. it runs between williamsburg road and government road in fulton hill. its call gillies creek nature area park. its right by the frisbee golf course

Quick Reply: bmx