Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Blew Out The Clutch Today

Old 03-07-2005, 07:32 PM
TERMIN8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ThroatyStang has disabled reputation
Angry Blew Out The Clutch Today

Being the Torque monster it is. Just driving down Couthhouse and BAM its gone. Limped the bitch home. I think I warped the flywheel. Today I just ordered myself a Spec Stage 3 Clutch to get ready for the turbo kit. Holds up to 500ft/lbs of torque. http://www.specclutch.com/products.html.
Old 03-07-2005, 08:59 PM
Registered Member

ClassicJDMCars has disabled reputation
Default Re: Blew Out The Clutch Today

Originally Posted by ThroatyStang
Being the Torque monster it is. Just driving down Couthhouse and BAM its gone. Limped the bitch home. I think I warped the flywheel. Today I just ordered myself a Spec Stage 3 Clutch to get ready for the turbo kit. Holds up to 500ft/lbs of torque. http://www.specclutch.com/products.html.
cancel that piece of shit spec clutch order, and buy ANYTHING other than that. I have had nothing but bad experience with them (about 2-3 i've installed on various cars).
Old 03-07-2005, 09:50 PM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

I can blow up a Spec Stg3 in about 2 seconds...and have...twice. Then went springless, and blew that up. I've never heard a good review from spec.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:35 AM
Registered Member

ClassicJDMCars has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by FlodaSE-R
I can blow up a Spec Stg3 in about 2 seconds...and have...twice. Then went springless, and blew that up. I've never heard a good review from spec.
DITTO
Old 03-08-2005, 10:38 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Somewhere I see another thread coming in the future
Old 03-08-2005, 12:46 PM
TERMIN8

then what clutch should I buy? I dont think i am going to cancel this thing because it is going to be fine for what I am doing. It has a year warrenty so yah. Which one would you guys tell me to get. My friend has this clutch and he said it was fine Stage 3. The only people that blow these are you guy putting alot of power though them.
Old 03-08-2005, 01:02 PM
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

Originally Posted by ThroatyStang
then what clutch should I buy? I dont think i am going to cancel this thing because it is going to be fine for what I am doing. It has a year warrenty so yah. Which one would you guys tell me to get. My friend has this clutch and he said it was fine Stage 3. The only people that blow these are you guy putting alot of power though them.
dude cancel teh order...those clutches are horrible.....might as well by a stock one...it will be stronger.
they last about 2 weeks on evolutions...seriously
Does ACT make one? those are great for the $$
Old 03-08-2005, 01:35 PM
TERMIN8

Originally Posted by chapter8
dude cancel teh order...those clutches are horrible.....might as well by a stock one...it will be stronger.
they last about 2 weeks on evolutions...seriously
Does ACT make one? those are great for the $$
No ACT doesnt make one. I just talked to my friend that has a Turbo V6 like mine w/ 450ft/lbs of Torque and hes had his stage 3 for about a year now and says he hasnt had one problem w/ them. Majority of the time the reason for clutch failure is due to improper installation. Im not saying any of ya'll did that. Also I consulted 3 other people i know w/ that clutch and they said no problems.
Old 03-08-2005, 01:39 PM
Metallic Pigeon

EFI 4-EYE is on a distinguished road

I've got a Spec Stage II and I love it so far. I've had it in for about 6 months and many trips down the 1320 and never had a problem with it. There are alot of people who hate Spec clutches though, and just as many who seem to have great luck with them. I did quite a bit of research before getting the Spec and I have yet to find a clutch everyone is on agreement about being great, just my .02
Old 03-08-2005, 01:56 PM
Registered Member

Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick

I had a spec clutch on my SR, running only 200lb tq and it began to slip around 3k miles. I bought a clutch from competition clutch 6puck stage 3. This should hold up great

Quick Reply: Blew Out The Clutch Today