Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Bent Rim??!?

Old 01-05-2010, 12:30 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NismoPowerdQG has disabled reputation
Default Bent Rim??!?

i have 17" Konig/Maxxis Deadline rims. i hit a big ass pot hole on 95s by the 64 interchange by the diamond and bent two rims(drivers side). i just knowticed they were bent when i was washing my car and as far as i can tell its just the outside lip and they still hold air just fine. i was wondering if there was anywhere around richmond that fixes bent wheels or am i fucked? thanks for the help.

heres what the rims look like

http://www.jlbmotorsports.com/PICS/K...kred_s_600.gif

i can get pics of the actual rims on my car if you need me to..
Old 01-05-2010, 12:42 PM
Double Agent HT

ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL
Default Re: Bent Rim??!?

fuck that. Sue the state, get a new one
Old 01-05-2010, 12:57 PM
Registered Member

hahah i wish
Old 01-05-2010, 02:01 PM
Registered Member

187nprog

Sorry to hear, I had the same situation on 64E at the Rocky Mt. NC exit, though I only bent one rim. I would check with Adrenaline Auto Sports it doesn't appear they do that type of work, however can probably recommend a company that does.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:47 PM
Fuckinitupagain

Strychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to behold

I forgot the name of the place but there is a place in Richmond, and I'm sure there's others aswell. We had a guy come in the shop on a flat bed because he bent 2 wheels so bad they wouldn't hold air and he got them fixed.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:51 PM
Registered Member

804GSX91 is a splendid one to behold804GSX91 is a splendid one to behold804GSX91 is a splendid one to behold804GSX91 is a splendid one to behold804GSX91 is a splendid one to behold804GSX91 is a splendid one to behold804GSX91 is a splendid one to behold804GSX91 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Strychnine
I forgot the name of the place but there is a place in Richmond, and I'm sure there's others aswell. We had a guy come in the shop on a flat bed because he bent 2 wheels so bad they wouldn't hold air and he got them fixed.
Are you talking about Wheel Wizard on Midlothan by paper moon?
Old 01-05-2010, 05:56 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 804GSX91
Are you talking about Wheel Wizard on Midlothan by paper moon?
i called them they wont repair the outside of the rim. looks like im in the market for some new wheels. o well thats not always a bad thing
Old 01-06-2010, 07:33 AM
V8s? LMAO

AngelofDeathSTi has disabled reputation

You should be able to go to small claims courts and get them paid for. I bent one rim and a friend bent his stock srt4 rims back in Missouri. We took pics of the wheel and the hole that did it. Also took a quote in from a shop for a new wheel and the state paid it. Needless to say a month later hole was filled too.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:14 PM
B Nice

STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW STi_FTMFW

Originally Posted by AngelofDeathSTi
You should be able to go to small claims courts and get them paid for. I bent one rim and a friend bent his stock srt4 rims back in Missouri. We took pics of the wheel and the hole that did it. Also took a quote in from a shop for a new wheel and the state paid it. Needless to say a month later hole was filled too.
This... I bent a rim a few years back and ALMOST went this route. After the people I work with berating me and making me feel like an idiot because I thought the state might pay for it, I dropped it and never followed through. A few months later I read about a guy in VA doing it and winning.

I believe the rule is that someone has to have reported the pothole already and if you hit it before it's fixed they are supposed to pay for it. Then you need to get pictures of the pothole and the wheel and send them to the state. I believe VDOT is the department you need to contact.

The way that I see it... We pay for the roads and if the roads aren't up to standard then the state should pay for any damages. If they had actually spent the money they take from us on fixing the roads we wouldn't have these issues.

But don't be stupid like I was and just figure you can't win.

There is another wheel repair place too, you might give them a shot,
Mincz Tire Service Inc
1724 Altamont Ave
Richmond, VA 23230 Map

Good luck.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by STi_FTMFW
This... I bent a rim a few years back and ALMOST went this route. After the people I work with berating me and making me feel like an idiot because I thought the state might pay for it, I dropped it and never followed through. A few months later I read about a guy in VA doing it and winning.

I believe the rule is that someone has to have reported the pothole already and if you hit it before it's fixed they are supposed to pay for it. Then you need to get pictures of the pothole and the wheel and send them to the state. I believe VDOT is the department you need to contact.

The way that I see it... We pay for the roads and if the roads aren't up to standard then the state should pay for any damages. If they had actually spent the money they take from us on fixing the roads we wouldn't have these issues.

But don't be stupid like I was and just figure you can't win.

There is another wheel repair place too, you might give them a shot,
Mincz Tire Service Inc
1724 Altamont Ave
Richmond, VA 23230 Map

Good luck.

i actually contacted vdot and they gave me a number to call and they are paying for the damages thanks for the help everybody!

Quick Reply: Bent Rim??!?