Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

bad night for the wrx

Old 08-07-2005, 08:19 PM
Damn street racers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trbowrx has disabled reputation
Default bad night for the wrx

well the transmishion on the wrx went out last night on my way downtown to aladiin express with a few friends.

so this is what happend.

i was at a stoplight and i decided to do have a little fun so i gas it through first and then decide thats enough fun so i shift normal into second just to start crusing, and bam i hear the same noise i heard when my stock tranny gave out. all i could hear was all my gears being destroyed by the teeth off of second gear. it was terrible so i had to sit there and wait for 2 1/2 hrs for a tow truck..... thanks to matt and mike for hangin out with me while i waited for steve the tow truck guy. well needless to say i am going to be putting slobaru up for sale after she is fixed, and i am going to be looking for a fun new project car i am looking for something turbo and RWD or AWD(but with a strong tranny) FWD is a maybe but i would like to stay away from it. i was still thinking of doing a 240 with a sr, or maybe just biting the bullet and getting something new and paying alot extra haha. but who knows so help me out guys find me a new project car!
Old 08-07-2005, 08:51 PM
Banned

LOCO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: bad night for the wrx

i was gonna put an sr20 into a miata but I scrapped that to get a bike, but you should do it.

motor sits the same and weighs bout the same, keeps the great handeling of the miata yet is sooo much more for with an sr under the hood.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:13 PM
Registered member

GripSpec has disabled reputation

that really sucks, but a new project would be cool. if you decide to return it back to stock id trade you my stock/oem spoiler trunk lid + cash, for yours.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:19 PM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

Sorry to hear, good luck getting it fixed.

What kinda price will you sell it for when its all said and done?
Old 08-07-2005, 09:52 PM
BAMF

GSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to all

After you sell your car, you should do an LS1 swap into either a miata or a FC RX7, talk about a total sleeper car. Plus, the ls1 is way more powerful than an SR and keeps nearly a 50/50 weight ratio on the FC.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:57 PM
Body In Trunk.

RCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond reputeRCR Roscoe has a reputation beyond repute

BAH dont let something like this make you give up hope to do more with the car. this isnt a setback, its a chance to grow! you knew the trannys were kinda shoddy from day 1 with a wrx. plenty of them around who have done the same thing and built sick trannys. you got a great car with all the right stuff, dont let it end like this!
Old 08-08-2005, 12:36 AM
speed racer

DLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these partsDLB1994 is infamous around these parts

has somthing happen to the tranny before?
Old 08-08-2005, 12:55 AM
Banned

insanekeebler is an unknown quantity at this point

yo paul, sorry about your lucky with the tranny. PLEASE do not get rid of your scubaru. it's one of the few vehicles i look forward to seeing in my area. too many friggin Hondas with aluminum bleachers thinkin they are fast. i beg once more, please keep it
Old 08-08-2005, 01:30 AM
Registered Member

ClassicJDMCars has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by LOCO
i was gonna put an sr20 into a miata but I scrapped that to get a bike, but you should do it.
It would be very very cool!

Old 08-08-2005, 04:19 AM
Kicking Ass

Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T

+1 for the Miata

Can't you just throw in a STI tranny? I thought that was a common swap for WRXs rather than just cyro-treating gears or whatever.

Quick Reply: bad night for the wrx