Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

bad Moore Subaru experience

Old 12-10-2005, 05:54 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GripSpec has disabled reputation
Default bad Moore Subaru experience

i was messing around over on west broad today waiting for my girlfriend to finish shopping with one of her friends, so i decided to see what Moore Subaru (Cadillac/ Saab/ Hummer) had in stock on the used car lot. I saw what looked to be a clean 2002 world rally blue WRX with low miles so i asked a salesman if I could take a look at it. I popped the hood and it was a disaster. First I saw was the Oil cap off and over to the side, followed by looking at the airbox and seeing that both clamps were off and the top was just kinda sitting half way on it. I pointed it out the the salesman and he just looked at me like I was retarded. Then came the best part. I said " It really looks like they were in the middle of changing parts on this car and just decided to shove it on the lot". He then pulled out a business card and told me to call him if i have any questions. what the fuck? I then looked at him with a confused look for about 15 seconds and left. I was very suprised in seeing a car like that at the subaru dealership, and then when pointing it out to a salesman he just acted like he really could care less. Has anyone ever had a problem like this?
Old 12-10-2005, 09:06 PM
Damn street racers

trbowrx has disabled reputation
Default Re: bad Moore Subaru experience

The reason he didnt care is because when he saw your were young he thought this kid doesnt matter. who cares what he says. i found this out when i was looking for my STi and i thought i would go to pence and try to find a new 05 right when the 06s were coming out and the salesmen was still trying to sell me a 05 for 2,000$ over the list price, and when he told me that was the best he could do i told him he was crazy got up and walked out.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:00 AM
Lay Low

Elhazzja has disabled reputation

WOW i bet if his manger knew that he'd have his ass!!! I call and talk to the manger and make him take the price down because of his dumb salesman.......
Old 12-11-2005, 06:49 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by trbowrx
The reason he didnt care is because when he saw your were young he thought this kid doesnt matter. who cares what he says. i found this out when i was looking for my STi and i thought i would go to pence and try to find a new 05 right when the 06s were coming out and the salesmen was still trying to sell me a 05 for 2,000$ over the list price, and when he told me that was the best he could do i told him he was crazy got up and walked out.
yea im sure thats the main reason. Im sure he also knew that I wasnt buying anything seeing as i drove there in the exact same car, so I can understand if he wanted to be an asshole because i was wasting is time (which i was). But youd think he would have aleast taken the fact that a car on the lot had so many things that were wrong with it seriously, because showing any customer that sort of thing just makes the dealership look bad.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:15 AM
Banned

LOCO is an unknown quantity at this point

it was horrible because the clamps were unhooked and the oil cap was off? that just goes to show me that they actually changed the oil and air filter,
Old 12-11-2005, 11:27 AM
Murdered Out

Up_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to all

Well, i think that the salesman saw you come in a subaru looking at another WRx in the same year, and knew you probably aren't going to buy. Me, as a salesman you can usually tell if someone is going to buy within the first 5 mins talking to them. The only thing I see wrong is that Subaru dealership really doesnt sell as much cars as the other name brands, and they should treat every customer the same.

i have people come in the dealership all the time and basically bad talk the vehicles i sell, if i were that salesman, i would have said, " i would be more than happy to find out why the veichle is on display like this, but let me ask you something, if i could correct these problems, is this the only thing stopping you from taking it home today?"

Paul, i already tried to sell you a STi and you didnt want to buy,
Old 12-11-2005, 02:29 PM
Man in the BOX

Alice_in_Chains is an unknown quantity at this point

There's a reason that he was selling the cars and not working on them.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:40 PM
Y U NO REP ME ?!?

Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L Young L

Originally Posted by DOHC B18
" i would be more than happy to find out why the veichle is on display like this, but let me ask you something, if i could correct these problems, is this the only thing stopping you from taking it home today?"
LOL LOL LOL.....i take it you had Dan Basil for your sheehy sales training. That was the same shit i was taught.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:04 PM
Registered Member

eksleeper

Originally Posted by Boost_up
i was messing around over on west broad today waiting for my girlfriend to finish shopping with one of her friends, so i decided to see what Moore Subaru (Cadillac/ Saab/ Hummer) had in stock on the used car lot. I saw what looked to be a clean 2002 world rally blue WRX with low miles so i asked a salesman if I could take a look at it. I popped the hood and it was a disaster. First I saw was the Oil cap off and over to the side, followed by looking at the airbox and seeing that both clamps were off and the top was just kinda sitting half way on it. I pointed it out the the salesman and he just looked at me like I was retarded. Then came the best part. I said " It really looks like they were in the middle of changing parts on this car and just decided to shove it on the lot". He then pulled out a business card and told me to call him if i have any questions. what the fuck? I then looked at him with a confused look for about 15 seconds and left. I was very suprised in seeing a car like that at the subaru dealership, and then when pointing it out to a salesman he just acted like he really could care less. Has anyone ever had a problem like this?

There are some dick heads at that dealership. I look at that blue one and the 06 white in the front and the act like ther didn't wanna help me. I ask the guy about this big ass scrath on the fender. The salesmen wasn't trying to give me a discount on so I told him to eat shit and im not buying anything from them.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:31 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by DOHC B18
"is this the only thing stopping you from taking it home today?"
LOL

spoken like a true salesman.

Do you work at a dealership around here?

Quick Reply: bad Moore Subaru experience