Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

awwwww shiiiiiiiiiit

Old 03-15-2004, 02:36 PM
yea, i'm that guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fatboyee has disabled reputation
Talking awwwww shiiiiiiiiiit

mmkay fukers. good news. called and ordered my pistons, rings, head stud kit, and rod bolt kit today. managed to save almost $300 on all of it also which is a definite bonus

went with SRP 8.0:1 cr and low tension rings (leaving room for expansion ).

finished working my cyl head last night and she's a BEAUTY... will flow SO much better than the restrictive stock head. my lower intake's already ported and ready... all i have left is machine time with the block and actually putting the damn thing together.

so *fingers crossed* if all goes as planned, project 4pak2: 4cyl fury will be 'together' by early-mid april. still need to get started on the transmission rebuild and hope this one stays together a lil longer...

Last edited by fatboyee; 03-15-2004 at 03:31 PM.
Old 03-15-2004, 02:58 PM
RS Doscientos

litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic
Default Re: awwwww shiiiiiiiiiit

Can you give me a number or site to order rings and rod bolts from? ohh, and bearings

I am still debating weather doin the bottom end while I have the top end off the engine... I am most likely goin to since I need to get the broke motormount bolts out of the block to put new ones in.. and everyone said 200k miles should be about time for a rebuild anyways... I still got cross hatch's though...

Why not the diamond pistons? I have only heard good things about them, and they maintain the stock domethingy so it lines up with the head right...? Just a question.. cause I might buy pistons also...
Old 03-15-2004, 03:30 PM
yea, i'm that guy

Talking Re: awwwww shiiiiiiiiiit

ordered my parts from holcomb motorsports down in carolina (they do purely ford/mustang performance parts and have a HUGE warehouse inventory). phone number is 800-475-7223, ask to speak to Michael. (don't use my name as a reference thou, i used a 'hook-up' ).

went with these pistons b/c:
1) price
2) availability
3) price

everywhere i looked for pistons they were upwards of $300+, WHEN I COULD FIND THEM and i just wasn't having all that. got them at a price i can't quite disclose, but i did save a right good penny. he told me it'd be a couple days before he could put his hands on the pistons, but they're on the way .

and o yea, Racer Walsh has the 2.3L ARP rod bolts for only $45.

and what bearings are you talking about chief? cam bearings? rod bearings? main bearings? i haven't purchased the bearings yet b/c im not certain how much, if any will have to be turned from my rods/crank... but im most-likely going to call H&M (in richmond, on summit avenue) to get them. i've dealt with these guys before and they've always given me good prices on my stuf.
Old 03-15-2004, 03:31 PM
RS Doscientos

litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic

Whatever bearings I would need if I took the crank out... so main and rod I guess...

Thanks for the number.. I just didnt know who or where to call to order any of it.

Price is always the biggest influence.
Old 03-15-2004, 06:23 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Nice. Hope to see that beast on the road soon!
Old 03-15-2004, 10:01 PM
Banned

LOCO is an unknown quantity at this point

mo do you think this place has anything for my car?? I really do not want to spend the $1300 for my pistons and rods
Old 03-16-2004, 06:28 PM
yea, i'm that guy

daniel... dunno, call them. if they don't i don't see why they couldn't find them or order them from somewhere.
Old 03-16-2004, 06:35 PM
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

Why not the 7.5:1's like mine? I think they were just a hair over $300 with my "frequent blow up card."

How much were the 8:1's?
Old 03-16-2004, 08:41 PM
Banned

LOCO is an unknown quantity at this point

"freguent blow up card" ROFLMFAO I need one of those

mo - hard to find a place with pistons and rods for probes lol, most the time when I ask places if they carry pistons, or ask machine shops about stuff, and they ask what car and I tell them, they laugh me out the store