Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Att: Kevin Or Anyone In Central That Owns A 2003 Cobra

Old 07-12-2006, 02:37 PM
TERMIN8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ThroatyStang has disabled reputation
Default Att: Kevin Or Anyone In Central That Owns A 2003 Cobra

I am having a problem, I just finished putting on my 4lb lower and my set of 4 Billetflow idlers and I started it up and I hear this really bad squeaking, I have no idea where it is coming from. Its either the pulley or the belt. I sprayed the belt w/ belt dressing and the pullies w/ WD40 to no avail. I got NO instructions w/ it from Billetflow which annoyed me. It didnt say put this that or any other thing on the pulleys before installing. I am desperately need some help! I just went by pictures and what people say on message boards.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:50 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow
Default Re: Att: Kevin Or Anyone In Central That Owns A 2003 Cobra

My guess would be misalignment of the pulley or call there tech line. Did you grease the blower at all?

Last edited by Woodrow; 07-12-2006 at 02:54 PM.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:54 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Does the pitch of the squeal change when you squirt WD40 on the tensioner pulley?
Old 07-12-2006, 03:03 PM
TERMIN8

Originally Posted by Woodrow
My guess would be misalignment of the pulley or call there tech line. Did you grease the blower at all?
Thats what I was thinking it was, because the belt on the lowest pulley looks like it is sitting closer to the edge than the other ones. But it also looks like a very small amount of belt shavings are coming off also. Phil where are u working at now, do you have a shop I can bring it to to have you look at and fix, I will pay you on the side. No I didnt grease the blower I didnt take that pulley off.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:12 PM
Registered Member

zx12guy is an unknown quantity at this point

Installing idlers is self explanatory so there is no need for instructions. My guess would be that one of the idlers has a bad bearing.

*edit* I just read your last post, are you sure you installed the 4lb lower correctly?

Last edited by zx12guy; 07-12-2006 at 03:14 PM.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:19 PM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Originally Posted by ThroatyStang
Thats what I was thinking it was, because the belt on the lowest pulley looks like it is sitting closer to the edge than the other ones. But it also looks like a very small amount of belt shavings are coming off also. Phil where are u working at now, do you have a shop I can bring it to to have you look at and fix, I will pay you on the side. No I didnt grease the blower I didnt take that pulley off.
I am off today otherwise I would open up a bay and we could look at it w/ one of our Master techs that races Mustangs. No need for money man, I do crap for free.

I would double check the pulleys to make sure they are aligned being you mentioned it is chewing up the belt a tad.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:24 PM
Registered Member

zx12guy is an unknown quantity at this point

I would double check the pulleys to make sure they are aligned being you mentioned it is chewing up the belt a tad.
Namely the 4lb lower, seeing as idlers don't have lips to chew the belt.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:38 PM
TERMIN8

I am off today otherwise I would open up a bay and we could look at it w/ one of our Master techs that races Mustangs. No need for money man, I do crap for free.

Thanks man I appericiate it. Im off Saturday. What day is good for you?
Old 07-12-2006, 05:48 PM
Slow as Shit

Any luck with the belt/pulley?

Saturday is good around 4ish if you don't get it fixed before then. I am installing an exhaust on a Mustang Tomorrow. I would try Kevin(flodah first) as he has done these installs. I am just going off the obvious first.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:50 PM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok

sandpaper the shit out of it