Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Anyone work for Sheehy Ford Service/Parts Dept?

Old 12-24-2010, 06:31 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan
Default Anyone work for Sheehy Ford Service/Parts Dept?

My fiancee's mom's truck is a 2003 F150 and they have lost all their keys Yeah I know, how do you manage to lose all the keys for the car?

Any case, I asked why they didn't have a new one cut and apparently the reason is they are $400 (exaggerated I'm sure) but have the immobilizer in the key so it requires programming. Can anyone confirm if they have the immobilizer or not? The key itself never looked like the thicker ones I know have immobilizer chips in them.

And if they do is there anyone that can give a bit of a Christmas present to a stranger and cut the key/program on the cheap?

-Chris
Old 12-24-2010, 08:03 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow
Default Re: Anyone work for Sheehy Ford Service/Parts Dept?

Edit.

Last edited by Woodrow; 12-25-2010 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Dealership did not lose the keys
Old 12-24-2010, 08:44 AM
Registered member

TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan

Whoops! Probably should clarify, the dealership didn't lose the keys, otherwise I'd be livid and going after them.

Their family lost the keys (one awhile back) and the second set just the other day. When they had asked the dealership originally they quoted them something like $400 for a new key because of the immobilizer and they didn't want to pay. So after they lost this second key they have no more left.

I was just hoping someone on here worked for them and could help out in getting a new key cut/programmed on the side. I do appreciate the heads up though on the staffing, I may be better off going elsewhere.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:23 AM
Sheeeit

Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch Hooch

400 isnt exaggerated, when i worked for a car rental agency awhile back we billed ppl constantly for keys lost and i recall an argument between me and a customer over the phone who didnt believe their key was worth 400 bucks for the set of 2. think it was a chrystler aspin?
Old 12-24-2010, 10:36 AM
Registered Member

slw4dr has much to be proud ofslw4dr has much to be proud ofslw4dr has much to be proud ofslw4dr has much to be proud ofslw4dr has much to be proud ofslw4dr has much to be proud ofslw4dr has much to be proud ofslw4dr has much to be proud ofslw4dr has much to be proud ofslw4dr has much to be proud ofslw4dr has much to be proud of

I use to work sheehy on midlothian and I would never recommend them! they are money hungry! If they lost both keys you will have to purchase 2 new keys and have them programmed. to have the keys cut you will need 2 proof's of ownership. a car payment slip and possibly an insurance bill and one form of ID just so they can verify ownership.also you would have to get the vehicle towed to the dealership so they can program the keys. I could work something out with you if you want to PM me
Old 12-25-2010, 03:48 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

All dealerships are money hungry. Some are worse than others.

Dealership did NOT lose the keys.

Last edited by Woodrow; 12-25-2010 at 03:51 AM.
Old 12-25-2010, 06:37 AM
SG

C16EFSedan has disabled reputation

Should be looking around 100-180 to get a key made depending on the vehicle. If any more then there bending you over.