VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Central VA (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/central-va-15/)
-   -   Anyone wanna lend a hand? (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/central-va-15/anyone-wanna-lend-hand-193107/)

GoldenLeg13 06-22-2007 09:43 AM

Anyone wanna lend a hand?

So im about halfway through replacing my headgasket and im stuck. There are 3 nuts that I cant get to on the intake manifold. On top of that, I think the lower timing chain fell off. I was already stretching my automotive knowledge by attempting this task, now im just plain fucked. So now your asking yourself, whats in it for me? The answer is basically nothing. Im broke at the moment because of this car. I can offer some cold mountain dew's and a box of taquitos that are dying to be microwaved. Car is located in Brandermill (3min from Commenwealth 20). Best way to reach me is via cell @ 432-8809. The name is Zach. Thanks ahead of time guys.

JJSpinALot 06-22-2007 01:19 PM

Re: Anyone wanna lend a hand?

i live right by brandermill. i can help you but it sounds like you already made an easy task a lot harder lol. if your chain came loose we have to take of the front cover. and i personally wouldnt take off he intake manifold there is no logical reason to do so. if you want some help pm me and ill give you my number.

The Wok 06-22-2007 01:24 PM

I would love to help but I'm gonna be super busy for a week or so. If you need any tools let me know.

LOCO 06-22-2007 01:25 PM

jason if you need another hand, let me know. ill be out of town this weekend though

GoldenLeg13 06-22-2007 05:47 PM

Thanks for all the replies guys. Haven't really been able to check this thread since I made it. Reason for taking off the intake mani is because I was also swapping the entire head (didn't have time to wait for a 2 day turn around to get the old head milled).

Progress- Got the head and head gasket swapped as well as some ARP head studs to top it off. But surprise surprise... I forgot how the camshafts sit at TDC. My chiltons manual dosen't know either:rolleyes:. I could still really use some help with re-assembly. That always seems to be my weak point. If Anyone wants to help i'll be at it tommorow from about 6am-8am...lol. Then I have to go to work till 6pm then i'll be at it again.

LOCO 06-22-2007 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by GoldenLeg13 (Post 3172966)
Thanks for all the replies guys. Haven't really been able to check this thread since I made it. Reason for taking off the intake mani is because I was also swapping the entire head (didn't have time to wait for a 2 day turn around to get the old head milled).

Progress- Got the head and head gasket swapped as well as some ARP head studs to top it off. But surprise surprise... I forgot how the camshafts sit at TDC. My chiltons manual dosen't know either:rolleyes:. I could still really use some help with re-assembly. That always seems to be my weak point. If Anyone wants to help i'll be at it tommorow from about 6am-8am...lol. Then I have to go to work till 6pm then i'll be at it again.

the cams should have some sort of markings on them, and most the time they will only line up one way. Im not sure about your timing though

GoldenLeg13 06-22-2007 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by LOCO (Post 3173066)
the cams should have some sort of markings on them, and most the time they will only line up one way. Im not sure about your timing though

Thats what I was thinking to but I couldn't find any markings. I could be blind though so who knows. Im searching on nicoclub.com as we speak for any build up threads to see where their cams where when they had it at tdc.

GripSpec 06-22-2007 07:46 PM

I think some cars are born to be a pain in the ass.

GoldenLeg13 06-22-2007 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Boost_up (Post 3173234)
I think some cars are born to be a pain in the ass.

It's driving me nucking futs:(

On a brighter note... I figured out the camshaft positions.

Any of you nissan guys have an extra master cylinder resivoir laying around? The top on mine is melted on unfortunetly and my dumb self forgot to reconnect the lines after I got my mani off so now its empty:o