Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Anyone know about registering for a Fan parking permit?

Old 08-13-2008, 07:40 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GripSpec has disabled reputation
Default Anyone know about registering for a Fan parking permit?

Up until now I've lived in Midlothian with my parents and just got an apartment in the fan on Grove Ave (fan zone 1) because I’ll be attending VCU for the next couple years. I was talking to a girl across the hall and she said that in order to get a permit for street parking, you actually have to go to DMV and register the car as it being in Richmond and not in Midlothian. I was just wonder if anyone had dealt with it so I don't stand in line and then get turned away because I didn't go to DMV beforehand.

I'm also not driving the car that I will be using to commute down there right now. I have a beater 240 that I will be using after I complete a timing chain install, but I will be starting the semester driving the wrx. So I would hate to have to switch the wrx over just to get the pass.

Anyone know the deal on this? I see so many out of state plates down there that I would doubt you would have to which the place that the car is registered just to get a parking permit.
Old 09-01-2008, 04:00 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Show Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond reputeShow Pow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone know about registering for a Fan parking permit?

http://www.fandistrict.org/FDAsite/parking_page.htm