Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Anyone experienced in hanging drywall?

Old 11-17-2006, 12:33 PM
superuser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Question Anyone experienced in hanging drywall?

Will be ready to hang drywall soon and will certainly need help, unless it's contracted out. Anyone have experience in hanging drywall or can recommend a good (licensed and insured) installer?

Got a 55" kneewall, 55" angled ceiling, then about a 55" ceiling (imagine the shape of the top half of a stop sign or barn). Have the specialty tools to cut the drywall, specialty drywall screwgun with countersink bits. Work is in an insulated 3rd floor, drywall sheets (big 4x12' size) are already up there and ready to go.

Approx 500 sq ft game room.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:21 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Re: Anyone experienced in hanging drywall?

PMs replied.
Old 11-17-2006, 06:26 PM
has a huge dong

VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER

where are you located?
Old 11-17-2006, 06:42 PM
This is going to spo

tecnic1 tecnic1 tecnic1

It's not rocket science.....

"special drywall cutting tools"==utility knife.

Drywall screwgun==drill with bit. A screwgun works better, but a drill will work
Old 11-17-2006, 07:17 PM
superuser

Originally Posted by tecnic1
"special drywall cutting tools"==utility knife.
Drywall screwgun==drill with bit. A screwgun works better, but a drill will work
The EZRip drywall tool has saved me more time than I'd like to admit in cutting perfectly straight lines in drywall. If you're cutting drywall with just a utility knife, do you also use a spork for eating? I prefer the specialized tools to get the job done right. There will be several hundreds of linear feet of drywall cut for this room due to the odd wall sizes and 40' length.

Drywall screwguns have different RPM and torque settings. You really, really, really don't want to pop the head off a drywall screw when hanging drywall on a ceiling. Drywall bits countersink the screws in the correct depth without allowing it to continue to cut into the sheetrock.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:17 PM
superuser

Originally Posted by VB2NER
where are you located?
Glen Allen VA
Old 11-17-2006, 07:40 PM
Banned

crazyb is an unknown quantity at this point

well whats are u trying to pay? me and my dad could do it he used to own his own buisness he does very nice clean work
Old 11-18-2006, 07:43 AM
superuser

Let me know if you'd like to stop by and give an estimate. It's not the average type room, so it's difficult to describe accurately.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:40 AM
r0tard

Verbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by tecnic1

Its called a "dimpler" and it keeps it from cracking.

I will hang drywall all day....i don't finish it though.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:05 AM
Registered Member

93civiccpe is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah... hanging drywall isn't too bad (even in unusual shaped rooms & ceilings) but the finishing work is somewhat difficult. If the person who hangs the drywall doesn't do the greatest job then it leaves a lot of mud & sanding work for the finishing guys. I would advise finding one person to do both, because if you have two groups then the above most likely will happen. The drywallers will hang it quick and then you'll have the finishers saying the drywall guys did a crappy job and the drywallers saying the finishers are the problem. I've been there, and worked in that situation.. not fun.

Quick Reply: Anyone experienced in hanging drywall?