VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Central VA (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/central-va-15/)
-   -   Anyone with Air Tools I can borrow to get crank pulley off? (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/central-va-15/anyone-air-tools-i-can-borrow-get-crank-pulley-off-178782/)

snozepp147 03-07-2007 05:34 PM

Anyone with Air Tools I can borrow to get crank pulley off?

this may be a longshot but i cannot get my crank pulley off to save my life. the shortblock is out of the car and i can't hold the block still to get the crank pulley off. if anyone in richmond has airtools that i can borrow literally for 5 minutes to get this crank pulley bolt off i'll pay you $5 for letting me use it.

please respond to this if you have air tools. i'll simply bring the shortblock over in a truck and pop the bolt right off. let me know because i need to do this TONIGHT or TOMORROW MORNING.

i'll be up really late tonight so PLEASE post here if you really want to help me out. thanks a lot.

evan matthews 03-08-2007 07:13 AM

Re: Anyone with Air Tools I can borrow to get crank pulley off?

autozone/ advance rents them.

Computer_Nerd 03-08-2007 07:30 AM

Tip just about any mechanic around lunchtime and he can pop it right off. I have a few air tools but am at work right now until 7pm. Let me know if you still need it off by then and you can swing by. Located off Woodman Rd in northern West End.

RPRacing 03-08-2007 07:37 AM

if you were down here in the 757. you could use mine free.

snozepp147 03-08-2007 07:45 AM

thanks guys. i'm leaving town at 3 so i wouldn't be able to stop by Not Stock, but thanks for the offer.

i'm gonna take it to my friend at the Acura dealer and hopefully they can get it off. i tried my friends impact gun last night and it wouldn't budge. hopefully this works.

spnamnt 03-09-2007 07:01 PM

if you cant get it off, i have the moroso tool made for holding the pulley. just let me know

Strychnine 03-10-2007 04:03 AM

Originally Posted by snozepp147 (Post 2890607)
i tried my friends impact gun last night and it wouldn't budge.

Does he have a 1,400 ft. lbs 1" drive impact like me? :D

93civicgone 03-11-2007 04:49 PM

stick a screw driver in the flywheel get a long as extention to have enough to get out from under the tire put a bar on it and yank, then when you put it back on get it as tight as you can then set breaker bar against the ground or chassis and crank the key just bump it a few times itll lock it right in

snozepp147 03-11-2007 05:59 PM

i already got it out, thank for the help.