Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Anybody w/ 440 dsm injectors I can borrow?

Old 10-17-2005, 08:43 AM
Patron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune
Default Anybody w/ 440 dsm injectors I can borrow?

I need to borrow a set of these for like 1 day. I am willing to pay to rent them or buy you a 12 pack or something. Thanks
Old 10-17-2005, 09:24 AM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue
Default Re: Anybody w/ 440 dsm injectors I can borrow?

you mean 450's? I'd loan you some if I had an extra set other than the ones on my car. Still having trouble with the afr's randomly changing?

Last edited by sohc_mshue; 10-17-2005 at 09:26 AM.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:35 AM
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

Originally Posted by sohc_mshue
you mean 450's? I'd loan you some if I had an extra set other than the ones on my car. Still having trouble with the afr's randomly changing?
yeah man 450's my bad
yeah the air fuels are not where I want them, I just wanna see if the injectors will change anything.

When the car was tuned it was in the mid 11's, then like a hour later after everything was said and done the a/f were low 12's high 11's in 4th and 5th gear...but in 1st and 2nd the a/f's were like high 12's low 13's??!
This makes no sense since the a/f's should be lower in lower gears and higer in higer geras because there is more load and fuel demand on the motor.
Derron is thinking the injectors are possibly bad, so I wanna borrow some instead of spending $$ and that not fixing teh problem
Old 10-17-2005, 09:40 AM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

Did the IAT's change between the time you first tuned it and when you checked it again? This could have changed them, but like i said i've never had any problems with the stock IAT correction factors being too far off with my dsm injectors. Also I know its weird, but i've always noticed my car and other cars run slightly leaner in the lower gears. Maybe not as lean as yours is, but slightly. Doesn't make much sense to me either, but maybe that has something to do with the gear corrections....although people on pgmfi.org have a new theory that the stock honda gear corrections actually modify timing rather than fuel like it was previously thought.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:43 AM
Patron

Originally Posted by sohc_mshue
Did the IAT's change between the time you first tuned it and when you checked it again? This could have changed them, but like i said i've never had any problems with the stock IAT correction factors being too far off with my dsm injectors. Also I know its weird, but i've always noticed my car and other cars run slightly leaner in the lower gears. Maybe not as lean as yours is, but slightly. Doesn't make much sense to me either, but maybe that has something to do with the gear corrections....although people on pgmfi.org have a new theory that the stock honda gear corrections actually modify timing rather than fuel like it was previously thought.
I didnt tune it because I didnt have all the shit to do it so Derron tuned it. I think teh IAT's were teh same?

I just dont like the car that lean...btw what a/f's do you tune for?
Old 10-17-2005, 09:55 AM
Registered Member

ClassicJDMCars has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by RHD Soarer
I need to borrow a set of these for like 1 day. I am willing to pay to rent them or buy you a 12 pack or something. Thanks
lol i have 6 of them, well these are side feed, what do you need side or top? ... and miller lite will do fine.

Last edited by ClassicJDMCars; 10-17-2005 at 09:59 AM.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:59 AM
Registered Member

69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette

yeah i should have some too if needed
Old 10-17-2005, 10:27 AM
Patron

Originally Posted by Chris4130
lol i have 6 of them, well these are side feed, what do you need side or top? ... and miller lite will do fine.
u have 6 dsm's?? MFer bitch y didnt u tell me this earlier?!??!
nevermind they are top feed
yeah i should have some too if needed
yeah man I am interested I will pm ya
Old 10-17-2005, 10:28 AM
Registered Member

69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette

alright just let me know
Old 10-17-2005, 11:02 AM
Patron

pmed thanks

Quick Reply: Anybody w/ 440 dsm injectors I can borrow?