VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Central VA (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/central-va-15/)
-   -   Anybody awesome enough to loan out a motor lift setup? (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/central-va-15/anybody-awesome-enough-loan-out-motor-lift-setup-446425/)

Kilo Lee 07-05-2012 04:44 AM

Anybody awesome enough to loan out a motor lift setup?

Anybody awesome enough to loan out a motor lift setup?

I'm trying to pull the motor out of my Civic to rebuild, and it's not going to happen if I don't have a lift handy.

I can pay a bit if needed (especially if you'd like to stick around and assist), just PM me and we can work out the details.

I do have a truck I can use to pick it up, not a problem.

Trying to get this done as soon as possible, weather permitting.

Beans90CRX 07-05-2012 09:22 AM

Re: Anybody awesome enough to loan out a motor lift setup?

You know it's a lot easier to remove the swap through the bottom of the car. All you need to do is jack the car high enough to slide it out.

Kilo Lee 07-05-2012 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Beans90CRX (Post 7851919)
You know it's a lot easier to remove the swap through the bottom of the car. All you need to do is jack the car high enough to slide it out.

In order to do that, I'd need to disassemble all of the brackets and mounts.

I was out there at 7 this morning, looking at that....not happening.

I guess it also doesn't help that I don't have all the tools and shit I really need. I'm wing'n it, here.

Beans90CRX 07-05-2012 11:09 AM

Not really man, first make sure you've removed all the parts under the car (axlex, shift linkage, exhaust, etc.) then manke sure the motor is sitting on a 4 wheel dollie then just remove the a/c compressor, ps. pump, harness and coolant hoses. Then just remove the mounts and begin jacking the car up and out it'll come.

Riff Raff 07-05-2012 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Beans90CRX (Post 7852069)
Not really man, first make sure you've removed all the parts under the car (axlex, shift linkage, exhaust, etc.) then manke sure the motor is sitting on a 4 wheel dollie then just remove the a/c compressor, ps. pump, harness and coolant hoses. Then just remove the mounts and begin jacking the car up and out it'll come.

This, 3 mounts is eazy peezy

h22a92eg 07-05-2012 11:34 AM

I have a engine hoist u can have...its 2 hoist parts put into 1 but still works...text 4102008103 I'm in king George

Kilo Lee 07-05-2012 11:39 AM

I'm definitely going to have to go check it out again. Thanks guys. I might've been seeing something else below the motor or something

Hooch 07-05-2012 06:32 PM

i have the dolly you need if you drop it from the bottum OR i can borrow one from work so long as you promise i get it back to the shop by the end of the night.

Im surprised Dj doesnt have one sitting around.