Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Any local jobs?

Old 06-24-2006, 04:02 PM
MoltenMetalFuzion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GoldenLeg13 has disabled reputation
Default Any local jobs?

Hi guys. For those of you that do not know me yet my name is Zach. I have been searching for a job for a month or so by now but I have not found much through the classifieds and such.

As far as work experience goes I have worked at a dealership detailing cars for about 9 months and I also have done some carpentry work when I was younger (drywall, wiring, ect...) but it has been a while so I might need some fresh teaching when it comes to that.

I am pretty flexible when it comes to the type of job, but I do have some requirements for the pay and such. The type of job that I am looking for is a FT position that may or may not have opportunity for OT. I am not a stranger to working 50+ hours a week.

I figured I would ask around on here because it seems like a lot of you own/work at reputable companies and you might know of some openings.

You may pm me or reply on this thread if you can help me out in my job search.

Thank you in advance

-Zach
Old 06-24-2006, 06:03 PM
NEO VVL N1 BITCHES

JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot
Default Re: Any local jobs?

pm me your pay requirment. i might can help
Old 06-24-2006, 06:12 PM
MoltenMetalFuzion

Pm'd
Old 06-24-2006, 06:19 PM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

I'll be back in town again soon and can provide plenty of evening side work (6:30-10p @ $8/hr cash). Thanks again for your help before.

Have you checked out the state gov't listings at http://jobs.virginia.gov ? Takes awhile for the hiring process, but the benefits are quite good.
Old 06-24-2006, 06:27 PM
MoltenMetalFuzion

Originally Posted by Not Stock

Have you checked out the state gov't listings at http://jobs.virginia.gov ? Takes awhile for the hiring process, but the benefits are quite good.
I have looked into those a little bit but the long hiring process is what was a concern for me as I need a FT position as soon as possible.

And jjkamikaze,

what I pm'd you is a ballpark idea... if need be I can go lower on that as I really need to find a job.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:44 AM
Registered Member

TSI4Free has disabled reputation

I work for the state and the benefits are great. I would say it would be worth the wait.
Old 06-26-2006, 06:54 AM
Owe 'bama Care

BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT

I guy I know works for blue ridge paper (used to be westvaco) they print packaging. He told me they were looking to hire like 60 people, he said starting pay was 15-16 dollars per hour. Now you may not get that until the probationary period is over with (like 90 days or something), and its shift work but I'm sure overtime pays time and a half. After the 90 days you can join the union and get full benefits. They will prob. start you off catching and loading the press. This is all I know about it. I only see the guy every few months and don't have his # but I can find out and get in touch with him if your intrested.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:51 AM
MoltenMetalFuzion

Originally Posted by BluestedSRT
I guy I know works for blue ridge paper (used to be westvaco) they print packaging. He told me they were looking to hire like 60 people, he said starting pay was 15-16 dollars per hour. Now you may not get that until the probationary period is over with (like 90 days or something), and its shift work but I'm sure overtime pays time and a half. After the 90 days you can join the union and get full benefits. They will prob. start you off catching and loading the press. This is all I know about it. I only see the guy every few months and don't have his # but I can find out and get in touch with him if your intrested.
Pm sent
Old 06-26-2006, 10:07 AM
Owe 'bama Care

BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT BluestedSRT

the plant is in richmond...somewhere off jeff davis tnpk. I'll find out. oh he said the plant was Air conditioned so thats a plus too.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:09 AM
MoltenMetalFuzion

Cool.. thats just what im looking for

Quick Reply: Any local jobs?