VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Central VA (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/central-va-15/)
-   -   Any guys on here tune hondata? (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/central-va-15/any-guys-here-tune-hondata-103055/)

Terry@Fortune 08-01-2005 11:09 AM

Any guys on here tune hondata?

I need to ask a few questions....I will be tuning a turbo teg utilizing hondata for the first time and just a have a few simple questions about the software.

Thanks
Terry

ClassicJDMCars 08-01-2005 11:16 AM

Re: Any guys on here tune hondata?

Originally Posted by chapter8
I need to ask a few questions....I will be tuning a turbo teg utilizing hondata for the first time and just a have a few simple questions about the software.

Thanks
Terry

Derron...

Terry@Fortune 08-01-2005 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by Chris4130
Derron...

WOW thats alot of help :rolleyes:
He is a shop that charges for a service. Intially I was gonna use him but we decided to just do it ourselves. So I dont expect for him to give me any info.
So back to my original question....

Brian T 08-01-2005 12:07 PM

Connect the blue wire to the red wire. Problem solved.

Terry@Fortune 08-01-2005 12:15 PM

can a mod move this to tech or something?
I dont think anyone in central knows about this shit

Brian T 08-01-2005 12:23 PM

We really don't.

sohc_mshue 08-01-2005 02:40 PM

I don't tune hondata, but i can tune uberdata, which is essentialy the same thing. I may be able to help. :)

Terry@Fortune 08-02-2005 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by sohc_mshue
I don't tune hondata, but i can tune uberdata, which is essentialy the same thing. I may be able to help. :)

thanks man..I will pm you with some questions man :D

EEK 08-02-2005 07:28 AM

Shad on here is a hondata tuner, i think his screen name is accuracy1\

also howard from ARfabrications tunes hondata, he is AR FAB on here

sohc_mshue 08-02-2005 09:17 AM

thanks man..I will pm you with some questions man :D

no problem man.

Terry@Fortune 08-03-2005 06:53 AM

ahh heck I will just post on here :p

On the first screen shot here..Im in the low speed ignition map. I know that the #'s represent total timing. My question is that to the far right of the map. The last 4 cell plots (10-b12) this is supposedly the boost map? Just wondering if so tuning will be real easy..lol
http://www.msprotege.com/members/spoolinmp3/HONDATA.bmp

On the second screen shot
This is the high speed fuel map. What do these # values signify?
http://www.msprotege.com/members/spo...3/HONDATA2.bmp

Basically thats all the software questions I had for now

sohc_mshue 08-03-2005 07:08 AM

Yes Columns 10-B13 are the boost columns on the fuel and ignition maps. On the Hi cam map i'm not sure exactly what your asking, but that is the map that the ecu reads off of for after vtec engagement...and if you were asking exactly what the numbers themselves in the fuel maps signify, they are an arbitrary number that the ecu looks up to figure out how much fuel is needed. It calculates how long to keep the injector open by multiplying that number against correction multipliers from the engine sensors such as ECT, IAT, and TPS.

Terry@Fortune 08-03-2005 07:24 AM

Yes Columns 10-B13 are the boost columns on the fuel and ignition maps. On the Hi cam map i'm not sure exactly what your asking, but that is the map that the ecu reads off of for after vtec engagement...and if you were asking exactly what the numbers themselves in the fuel maps signify, they are an arbitrary number that the ecu looks up to figure out how much fuel is needed. It calculates how long to keep the injector open by multiplying that number against correction multipliers from the engine sensors such as ECT, IAT, and TPS.

Ahh you awnsered all my questions!
Thanks..btw do use the 2d and 3d modes at all? Not sure if uberdata has that. Also can I import/interface wideband data to the ecu

Terry@Fortune 08-03-2005 07:32 AM

and what is mbar on the top axis of the map before the boost map kick in?
I know I can tune if I use like a ghost trace mode. But I would like to know what it means so I can come up with a theoritical map before I even begin.
Sorry for all the questions...I just got the stuff used so no instruction manuals :(

sohc_mshue 08-03-2005 12:50 PM

I use 2d maps all the time to make sure the maps are nice and smooth and there aren't any lines crossing. The map numbers on the top row before the transition into boost are in in/hg and they are negative so its for when you are in vac.

To datalog through the ecu with the wideband you will need to connect an output from your wideband into pin d14 on the ecu harness.

Terry@Fortune 08-03-2005 01:34 PM

I use 2d maps all the time to make sure the maps are nice and smooth and there aren't any lines crossing. The map numbers on the top row before the transition into boost are in in/hg and they are negative so its for when you are in vac.

To datalog through the ecu with the wideband you will need to connect an output from your wideband into pin d14 on the ecu harness.

thanks again!

sohc_mshue 08-03-2005 03:26 PM

thanks again!

no problem