Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

To all the people with Friends and Family @ VT

Old 04-16-2007, 11:18 AM
Settled..

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN ICULOKN
Default To all the people with Friends and Family @ VT

My Thoughts and prayers are with you....

Such a terrible event....
Old 04-16-2007, 11:22 AM
thermal efficiency

J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS J. O. BUDS
Default Re: To all the people with Friends and Family @ VT

no kidding, imagine where a person must be mentally to say "okay the next logical step is to kill everybody i see."

lots of "feelings" going on right now.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:25 AM
Registered Member

The Evil Genius has disabled reputation

I'm with you. I work with a lot of people who have children at VT. So far none have been involved, but some haven't heard news. It's not good.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:55 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Our parts guy and his wife have a brother that goes to school there and our warranty administrator has a sister that attends VT
Old 04-16-2007, 02:19 PM
Banned

joblow is an unknown quantity at this point

ima be pissed if any of my friends stop calling me....
Old 04-16-2007, 03:02 PM
BAMF

GSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to all

Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers. I currently attend VT and luckily I as well as all of my friends that I have heard from are fine, but it is very sad what happened today.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:06 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by EclipseGS-T
Thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers. I currently attend VT and luckily I as well as all of my friends that I have heard from are fine, but it is very sad what happened today.
I'm happy you and your friends are alright. Keep us updated.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:14 PM
BAMF

GSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to allGSXRATED is a name known to all

Will do, but there isn't really much to report other than what I am sure everyone can see on their local news stations. It was some asian guy who was the shooter apparently and he has no been identified yet. He killed 33 people including himself. The first shooting was in a residence hall and he shot an RA and it is believed at the moment that he killed his girlfriend as well (some speculate that she was cheating on him). More than two hours later he made his way across campus to an academic building that is mostly engineering classes, but holds overflow from many other majors. He went from room to room and shot people with 2 handguns is what we are being told at the moment. Some students were able to barricade their classroom to keep the shooter out and saved countless lives in doing so. The shooter eventually went to the basement and shot himself. There are somewhere around 28 injured, and there are 33 confirmed dead at the moment.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:19 PM
Registered Member

69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette

It's def. sad what happened. I'm sorta confused as to why classes were not canceled after the first shooting around 7am? If they had not caught the guy then I would think they would have canceled todays classes like they did in the past with the escaped prisoner.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:20 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 69vette
It's def. sad what happened. I'm sorta confused as to why classes were not canceled after the first shooting around 7am? If they had not caught the guy then I would think they would have canceled todays classes like they did in the past with the escaped prisoner.
That's definately an interesting question. Right now, it seems like they detained one man early, perhaps they thought that was the shooter.

Quick Reply: To all the people with Friends and Family @ VT