Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Alignment shops

Old 05-31-2006, 08:02 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Banned in D.C. is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Alignment shops

I went to Firestone on Williamsburg Rd. today to get my wifes civic (stock height) aligned after I put on new tie rods. They asked if I wanted to buy the lifetime alignment service, so I asked them if I brought in a lowered car how much would it be? They told me they don't do lowered cars because of problems getting the car on the lift and their alignment machines being digital, the laser beam hits the engine block on lowered cars.

Just wondering were in the Richmond area I could go were they have a manual alignment machine. I have progress 2 inch drop springs that I have not installed yet because I don't want to kill my new Falkens.
Thanks for the input
Old 06-01-2006, 05:10 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd
Default Re: Alignment shops

Depends on how much you want to spend. There is a place downtown that specializes in blingy wheels and lowered alignments, but would not be ideal if you are trying to get by on the cheap. Are you looking for a one-time alignment? Lifetime alignment service is would be nice on a lowered car, lemmie know if you ever find a place that would do that.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:40 AM
Registered Member

aZnAcCoRd02 is an unknown quantity at this point

I wish I could find a place that does lifetime alignment on lowered cars.....I took mine to Ron Ellis Front End and Frame in Southside behind the Subaru dealership. They do the alignment 3 different ways first by eye, second by string (on level ground) and third by machine. They will use all three ways when you bring your car in.

They are smart people and have done 3 cars within my family and no one has complained. They will inform you of any problems if they arise before they do any work. They even did the rear washer trick for me so I wouldnt have to get a rear camber kit. This is someone I highly reccomend.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:07 AM
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

That is we send our customers to when they come in with their celicas lowered.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:09 PM
Luis

SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14 SLOW S14

where abouts is that located...i need to get one done.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:32 PM
Registered Member

SCCRules is an unknown quantity at this point

I went to.... shoot.... I believe it was Dunlop tires I wanna say? anyways it's right by Firestone on Brook Rd. and they did a pretty good job aligning my car. It is also lowered.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:21 AM
dongle

spike_um is an unknown quantity at this point

thurston springs downtown richmond is an option.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:32 AM
Registered Member

jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R

ummm i went to firestone on huguenot and i got the lifetime alignment on my car...and if you dont know my car, its low as crap.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:30 PM
Registered Member

aZnAcCoRd02 is an unknown quantity at this point

jen how much was the alignment?
Old 06-04-2006, 09:19 PM
Registered Member

jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R

Originally Posted by aZnAcCoRd02
jen how much was the alignment?
it's supposed to be $139.99 or something like that but i talked to some lady and she gave it to me for $119 ...but i mean $140 is a good deal for lifetime alignment.

Quick Reply: Alignment shops