VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Central VA (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/central-va-15/)
-   -   AEM UEGO help (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/central-va-15/aem-uego-help-488036/)

804_mini 12-23-2014 02:19 PM

AEM UEGO help

I have a UEGO A/F gauge that i'm trying to troubleshoot. The gauge shows full lean (---) no matter what with a probe attached. Without a probe attached it shows 14.7 and the white output wire shows 2.48 so that would indicate the gauge works.

I replaced the probe with a new Bosch 17018 and still had the same issue. I did the gas on a rag trick to get the gauge to show rich and it did change anything. I noticed that the probe doesn't get hot though, so i'm wondering if something else might be wrong.

Does anyone have known good probe or gauge I could try?

JacKal 12-23-2014 02:43 PM

Re: AEM UEGO help

Listen don't take this the wrong way we deal with some really stupid people on this site...

Are you sure you have it plugged into the correct place?
If it is in the correct spot check the pins and make sure none are bent causing a short.
If that isn't it go back and re check your wIting and be sure the wires are ran to the correct places.

Let us know

BAN HAMMER 12-29-2014 06:46 AM

Its the gauge.

AEM gauges are notorious for shitting out. You can send it to AEM and have them fix it, but it will cost just as much as buying an entire new setup. Get an innovative, they work better IMO

BuddyClubCivic 12-29-2014 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by DonkeyPunch (Post 8335375)
Its the gauge.

AEM gauges are notorious for shitting out. You can send it to AEM and have them fix it, but it will cost just as much as buying an entire new setup. Get an innovative, they work better IMO

^This. I had the AEM unit as well. Gauge never worked even after replacing the sensor. Threw the whole setup right in the trash. I ending up getting the Innovative MTX-L and love it. You can also calibrate it when needed such as before tuning sessions.

804_mini 01-18-2015 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by JacKal (Post 8334578)
Listen don't take this the wrong way we deal with some really stupid people on this site...

Are you sure you have it plugged into the correct place?
If it is in the correct spot check the pins and make sure none are bent causing a short.
If that isn't it go back and re check your wIting and be sure the wires are ran to the correct places.

Let us know

No offense taken, I double checked the wires after everything was put back together from pin to pin. Everything checks unless it was wired wrong from the factory. Pins are in good shape both at the gauge and 02 sensor hook-up.

AEM quoted me 50+15 return shipping to have it checked out and have "minor repairs" made. I can't seem to find just the gauge online anywhere so i'm going to give it a shot. If its more than a "minor repair" then I'm just going to cut my losses and move on.

Thanks everyone for the info.

804_mini 03-05-2015 09:45 AM

Ended up being the gauge. Had it serviced and everything is perfect again.