Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

The '2 Goes Down

Old 05-09-2003, 02:33 PM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok
Default The '2 Goes Down

Was taking the woman to work and dodging speedbumps by taking the back of the lot. There was a big puddle, I go through it at a slow speed. Come out the other side, steam ALL OVER behind my head (engine) and a scraping from the underside (middle) of the car. My heart dropped.

After pulling into a spot and checking the under body, the scraping is just heat-shield. One slightly behind the front axle and one slightly in front of the rear axel; both bent off pretty bad. I jack the car (in the rain, at Food Lion, with a stock jack ) and try to move it back into place, no dice. I figure I'll just get it home and on some jackstands.

Halfway home the car is studdering hard. Had to pull first to 5k, 2nd to as far as it'd go. If I put it in 3rd it would stutter HARD and feel like it was going to cut off. Here I am doing 20 down Genito in 2nd gear (at 4k rpm, not normal.)

I turn onto the road that takes me back to my house, car still in 2nd. I get on the throttle and nothing happens. I shift back to first and give it gas; nothing. The car cuts off; I push it to the side of the road with a school bus waiting behind me. Now it dawns on me that I don't have my phone.

After 5 minutes and probably 10 gawkers with no one stopping, an old guy in an Alero pulls over and lets me use his phone. I call my Dad, who shows up about 5 minutes later. I start the car back up but it runs rough, check engine light flashing on and off, throttle still does nothing. After 10 seconds or so it cuts off again. We put it in neutral, push it into the road, and he pushes my car with his back to the house.

That's where I am now. I hooooope that there's just water in the engine and that there is no major damage. If it's anything bad, I'll have some MR2 parts for sale soon.
Old 05-09-2003, 02:37 PM
i probably hate you

Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts

damn dennis, sorry to here. youve has shitty luck. i hope everything works out for ya.
Old 05-09-2003, 02:43 PM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok

Well, this all happened shortly after 4pm. Just went out there to check on the car. Had a hard time starting but once it got up it was running alright, a little rougher than usual. The throttle was working. I opened up the engine lid and checked on the heat shields; the rear one that took a beating covers a pair of hoses. I need to find out what those are.

I have the worst fucking luck, besides maybe Daniel. Maximum Slammage represent.
Old 05-09-2003, 03:08 PM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Well I think I am done with this car... I might try to sell it as a whole car for enough to pay what I owe ($500-600?) and a little extra to buy a beater.

I'll probably end up in a CRX just to get me around. I can't get a job because I have no reliable transportation. I'll save for an MR2 turbo in the fall.

But then again, this could turn out to be nothing and I might keep it. If it is anything close to major though, it's gone.
Old 05-09-2003, 08:31 PM
Banned

LOCO is an unknown quantity at this point

I was going to say that u hydro locked the engine, but if its started back up and ran then I dont think you did.

Sounds like u got a little water in the engine, start it up and let it run and boil off the water thats in there.
I think u might be ok.

Also the offer for my old car is still on at the moment. I ad prmoised someone else, but U are in more need of a car, a reliable car.
Old 05-10-2003, 11:11 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

that sucks dude! wtf was in that puddle!
Old 05-11-2003, 06:18 AM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

When are you gonna know if I can get the old Probe Daniel?
Old 05-11-2003, 09:26 AM
Banned

LOCO is an unknown quantity at this point

not sure man. I told the guy a week, and that is almost up, so I am going to leave the guy another message today or tommorrow, then go get the lean put against it.