Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

$$ noob needs help,willing to pay$$

Old 05-23-2011, 06:46 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xtakemoutx has disabled reputation
Default $$ noob needs help,willing to pay$$

Whats up guys? Just got my new shocks and coilovers for my 01 prelude and I'm looking to find some one that can put them on for a decent price.I live in Lynchburg and the only place that i found close that would do it was Auto Extras. And they wanted a crazy amount of money to do it.And being a part-timed employed college student I just can't afford it.So I'm hoping I can find some one on here to help me out.And I know I'll probably hear alot of trash for reaching out like this but I just dont have the space (horribly sloped gravel drive way) or the tools to do it. So, with all this being said I am looking to pay someone (price will be negotiated with anyone interested) to install my shocks and coilovers at their place with their tools.Trying to stay as close as possible but would be willing to travel a decent distance. Would also like to do it this weekend (5/28-5/29)if possible.So if anyone has some free time this weekend and trying to make some extra cash, pm me your number and we'll discuss things further.And thanks again guys for not dogging the shit out me lol
Old 05-23-2011, 06:47 PM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout
Default Re: $$ noob needs help,willing to pay$$

Shaw does mods.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:49 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

Originally Posted by ufctapout
Shaw does mods.
i dont think hes back in town....
Old 05-23-2011, 06:50 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

Originally Posted by xtakemoutx
Whats up guys? Just got my new shocks and coilovers for my 01 prelude and I'm looking to find some one that can put them on for a decent price.I live in Lynchburg and the only place that i found close that would do it was Auto Extras. And they wanted a crazy amount of money to do it.And being a part-timed employed college student I just can't afford it.So I'm hoping I can find some one on here to help me out.And I know I'll probably hear alot of trash for reaching out like this but I just dont have the space (horribly sloped gravel drive way) or the tools to do it. So, with all this being said I am looking to pay someone (price will be negotiated with anyone interested) to install my shocks and coilovers at their place with their tools.Trying to stay as close as possible but would be willing to travel a decent distance. Would also like to do it this weekend (5/28-5/29)if possible.So if anyone has some free time this weekend and trying to make some extra cash, pm me your number and we'll discuss things further.And thanks again guys for not dogging the shit out me lol
what do you call an outragous price? reputable shop is doing it it should be 300 or more
Old 05-23-2011, 06:54 PM
Registered member

Word,appreciate the help.Dont know him tho.How could i get ahold of him?
Old 05-23-2011, 06:56 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

Originally Posted by xtakemoutx
Word,appreciate the help.Dont know him tho.How could i get ahold of him?
https://www.vadriven.com/forums/757-14/shaws-back-242836/
Old 05-23-2011, 06:58 PM
MARK IT ZERO

ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout ufctapout

It's absolutely the right thing to do. I PM'd him once he was back in town and got him to install a foot print gas pedal in my whip. Shit is LEGIT!
Old 05-23-2011, 07:07 PM
Registered member

they told me "around 600",and they told me that sometimes they have this common problem where some part usually breaks when they go to pull out the stock assembly, which i would also probably have to replace.which sounded strange and sketch to me.And I've asked a couple of people about it and they said they never come across a problem like that.just kinda have the feeling that they were trying to take advantage of me..
Old 05-23-2011, 07:08 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

the only issue that happens sometimes is the lower control arm bolt will seize up in the bushing and will have to be cut/heated/etc to remove....thats the only thing ive ever heard/experienced happening
Old 05-23-2011, 07:17 PM
Registered member

that make sense.but the way he was talkin he knew it would happen and wanted me to go ahead and pay for that part too.shaw would work,but would like to find someone a lil bit closer to me..