Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Video of the Noble on MachV's dyno

Old 10-25-2010, 08:15 AM
Smug asshole.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smindustries Smindustries Smindustries Smindustries Smindustries Smindustries Smindustries Smindustries Smindustries Smindustries Smindustries
Default Video of the Noble on MachV's dyno

I had the opportunity to strap the car to the dyno Friday and finally find out what it's making. The power figures aren't spectacular on their own, but when put into a car that weighs in at right around 2,200 pounds, the result is a car that I'm almost afraid to drive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_33ZXTzOg0 EDIT: I forgot to post the sheet:

Here are couple of shots of the car:

Last edited by Smindustries; 10-25-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:23 AM
LXRY STI

SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik
Default Re: Video of the Noble on MachV's dyno

I have seen this car a couple times at shows. Why do I always think it is an M400?

Edit: Nevermind I think it is a different one.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:02 AM
Smug asshole.

Smindustries Smindustries Smindustries Smindustries Smindustries Smindustries Smindustries Smindustries Smindustries Smindustries Smindustries

You're right: It's a different one. I'm just now preparing this car for road use after a two-year hiatus in storage (which is why there are no license plates on it).
Old 10-25-2010, 11:03 AM
LXRY STI

SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik

Ah i see....well either way nice car. I love how unique these things look.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:29 PM
Smug asshole.

Thanks. I like the looks much more than most other Nobles because of the absence of the rear wing. It looks too aftermarket to fit the car.

Alas, I'll be putting it on the market once I get an emissions waiver from the Virginia DEQ.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:57 PM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

It's the turbo Ford DOHC 3.0 correct?
Old 10-25-2010, 03:33 PM
Registered member

ferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond reputeferio has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Reloaded
It's the turbo Ford DOHC 3.0 correct?
yea thats what they put in them.. crazy how its pretty much just a beefed up taurus/escape motor in these things, with turbo's of course.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:12 PM
Smug asshole.

Originally Posted by ferio
yea thats what they put in them.. crazy how its pretty much just a beefed up taurus/escape motor in these things, with turbo's of course.
Actually, the engine itself is bone stock. You can go to a Ford parts department and order a replacement long block. There are no internal modifications, however some things need to be trimmed to fit the block to the chassis and the emissions-related ports need to be capped off. The Ford parts can withstand 1.2 bar all day long.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:09 AM
Boner Jams

-Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal

Looks like an MR2. Needs lower.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:20 PM
Registered Member

187nprog

Awesome cars, Hope to someday own one.