Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Video: In car testing my ITB'ed 240sx on Grip setup

Old 07-04-2009, 10:50 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Video: In car testing my ITB'ed 240sx on Grip setup

What up peeps,

I had the oportunity to test my setup on a course with some sticky NT01 nittos. Unfortunately the alignment guy was a tard and didnt want the rear tires as close as I thought they could go and setup the rear with -4 degrees vs the -2 degrees camber I wanted. You'll see what I mean when I finish editing the video of the camera mounted behind the rear tire. The car was wayyyy to low which was my fault but I beat the ******** outta the car all day and ran out of E85 from a full tank.

Theres another event coming up and i'll be making some changes since I did make some errors in car setup.

Heres the first of many videos left on my SD cards. It took me about 3 hours to edit it up. Please enjoy it. I'll post the others when i finish with them.

In car
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0BmLsIZ69E
Roof view
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVmqfeS8h_o
Rear tire view
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAvUZhBeiZI

Last edited by Greaser; 07-04-2009 at 01:00 PM.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:54 AM
Reef tank addict

phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber
Default Re: Video: In car testing my ITB'ed 240sx on Grip setup

looks like fun!
Old 07-04-2009, 11:02 AM
da dragva kokopelli

mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz

is that the tire rubbing???? and also the reason you said the alignment guy sucked???
Old 07-04-2009, 11:11 AM
nortaP

Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded Reloaded

You're going pretty hard out there bro
Old 07-04-2009, 11:34 AM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

yea mike, tire was rubbing. I made some extreme suspension adjustments from the drift setup and I didnt have time to test or even make corrections if i made a mistake before this event. So the car turned out to be too low and I raised the chassis thereby not effecting camber/toe but it wasnt enough. So for the 18th event i expect to have the sus issues sorted out.

As for the alignment, I should have checked every aspect of the cars suspension after the work was done. During the first heat the car just progressively got worse and the front struts loosend up and cambered out and lost toe. So I set them where they were torqued them and beat the car up the rest of the day. Not the best way to setup a car but live and learn.

Last edited by Greaser; 07-04-2009 at 11:37 AM.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:36 AM
Function > Form

6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY

Fuckin' Granny shiftin'

jk Looks like a great time
Old 07-04-2009, 11:38 AM
Registered Member

haha nissan trans's just wont shift any quicker (if you want them to live)
Old 07-04-2009, 11:46 AM
da dragva kokopelli

mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz

Originally Posted by Greaser
yea mike, tire was rubbing. I made some extreme suspension adjustments from the drift setup and I didnt have time to test or even make corrections if i made a mistake before this event. So the car turned out to be too low and I raised the chassis thereby not effecting camber/toe but it wasnt enough. So for the 18th event i expect to have the sus issues sorted out.

As for the alignment, I should have checked every aspect of the cars suspension after the work was done. During the first heat the car just progressively got worse and the front struts loosend up and cambered out and lost toe. So I set them where they were torqued them and beat the car up the rest of the day. Not the best way to setup a car but live and learn.
its funny, because i was actually, thinking about how you and this thing were doing like last week sometime, and i hadnt seen or heard anything about it. i thought you sold it honestly. but good to hear your still sticking to the itbs, and making progress with that and the car, where was this whole grip racing at?? it doesnt look familiar at all. is it a large group that is out there with you? or a few cars?
Old 07-04-2009, 11:55 AM
Registered Member

i'm never ever going to sell this car. I love the powerband of the ITB setup done properly.

As for where i was, cant comment but the event was Driftwater 1. There were a couple other grip only cars one of them was nicks evo which i'll have video of up later.

I have a M112 supercharger off an 03 cobra waiting to go onto this motor with a 2:1 gilmer drive ratio. Should do 350ft/lbs and 400hp @ 15-20psi with the powerband as big as lex the impaler's dick.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:58 AM
da dragva kokopelli

Originally Posted by Greaser
i'm never ever going to sell this car. I love the powerband of the ITB setup done properly.

As for where i was, cant comment but the event was Driftwater 1. There were a couple other grip only cars one of them was nicks evo which i'll have video of up later.

I have a M112 supercharger off an 03 cobra waiting to go onto this motor with a 2:1 gilmer drive ratio. Should do 350ft/lbs and 400hp @ 15-20psi with the powerband as big as lex the impaler's dick.

a superwho???? haha that should be fucking sick. and i also heard nicks car was doing good. (him and i have mutual friends that i did not know about) so your going to supercharge and try and maintain the itbs? or giving them up all together??? either way it will be very intresting to see. so stop posting and go fab the shit up.....