Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

unforseen project time, Yay.

Old 04-30-2009, 04:14 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT
Default unforseen project time, Yay.

well my wife was involved in an accident the other day, hit and run. dude siide swiped her then dipped out, fortuntately some people stopped to serve as witnesses to the police, and luckily someone actually knew who he was so hopefully hes in jail right now. Of course it turns out he has no license or insurance. i dont even think weve had this car for 2 months yet and this happens. So got the car over to the shop for our insurance to come take a look at it, and figured hey its gonna be in the shop for a little while anyway getting the front fixed. Lets just take a bit of out of pocket money and paint the whole damn thing and do a color change, so started tearing the car down. Got the front end straightened back out after a few, was very minimal core support damage and no frame damage so that was good. new parts will be going on so the old ones came off. started blocking the car down to find the bad spots and get rid of the small stuff. The car needed a respray anyhow cause it was not in the best paint condition. i think maaco sprayed it before or something, lots of trash and sand scratches everywhere, and of course nothing was taken off the car when they did it so it just was not good. tons of little dents in the car so there was lots of blocking yesterday.ive started on the obvious stuff, Ill prime everything up, guide coat it, block it again than see whats left and do bodywork and reprime. Than i found the cancer which really pissed me off cause thats basically a whole day gone cutting it out, replacing the patch pieces and then doing bodywork, but thats what ill be using the old fenders for. Not to mention the 3 inches of bondo on it, i really cant stand it when bodyshops dont even try to do metal work, they just slap the filler on. really sucks when ya find out later. This is the start of it, day 1. needs a good amount of work but less than other cars ive fixed, ill lower it a bit on some decent stuff and then swap out the mesh wheels for something else, Im thinking rpf1's but since its the wifes car she gets to make the decisions on it. Unfortunately im not going to be able to two tone it cause she wants it all one color. The car runs great and drives nice and since this is her daily cant modify it too much, is a great little car but still need it to be reliable, but now itll look super clean. anyone hits this car after its painted better have some fucking insurance.

ill update this thread continutally till its done.

YIKES !! found the death !

Represent bitches.

Old 04-30-2009, 04:16 AM
This.isEntertainment

Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn
Default Re: unforseen project time, Yay.

very nice. i love to see paint, it makes the biggest difference on cars !

have fun with this one ricky

oh and btw: lower it
Old 04-30-2009, 04:19 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally Posted by Jus_dubin

oh and btw: lower it
ya gots to read son...

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
, ill lower it a bit on some decent stuff and then swap out the mesh wheels for something else, Im thinking rpf1's but since its the wifes car she gets to make the decisions on it.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:29 AM
This.isEntertainment

Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
ya gots to read son...
i read it, i was just making fun of myself because thats what i say in every post on here about a car
Old 04-30-2009, 05:49 PM
^-^

nck127 has much to be proud ofnck127 has much to be proud ofnck127 has much to be proud ofnck127 has much to be proud ofnck127 has much to be proud ofnck127 has much to be proud ofnck127 has much to be proud ofnck127 has much to be proud ofnck127 has much to be proud ofnck127 has much to be proud ofnck127 has much to be proud of

Looks like a good start man..

I also sent you a bugeye owner that needs paint work your way over on nasioc.

-Nick
Old 04-30-2009, 05:53 PM
Danny@respecgarage

RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE

What colors are you throwing around?
Old 04-30-2009, 05:59 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

shes wanting like a medium to light silver, may go the new accord bullet silver, but shes pointed out like 5 colors she has liked today so the day i buy the paint will be the day its narrowed down, ha...

made a little more progress today.

got the rust cut off on one of the parts of the panel today, cut the other and welded it in so that takes care of that.

also got the rest of the bodywork done on the car, and prepped everything. gonna try and have it ready for primer by tomorrow afternoon. id like to have the doors off and cut in on monday or so. than try to have it in the booth ready for paint sometime next week. but i have to work at the station tuesday friday and saturday next week so it may be the week after its gets all finished.

Last edited by MORE IMPATIENT; 04-30-2009 at 06:05 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:06 PM
Danny@respecgarage

RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE

Let me borrow that booth for a day son!!!
Old 04-30-2009, 06:09 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

haha, call joey man, he may rent it to ya. full heat and cure sytem and such, is lovely.
Old 04-30-2009, 06:14 PM
Danny@respecgarage

I may just have to do that. Hummm. painting in the garage is starting to suck. I want to repaint my car a different color after i do some bodywork, install the widebody, and cage. I have never painted in a booth and i wonder how it would look rather than the good O'le garage DIY paint.

Quick Reply: unforseen project time, Yay.